What's new

Linksys Wireless Network, How do I turn off...? (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Refresh my memory, I had a wireless network hooked up in my home using a linksys befw11s4 ver2 and their was a setting I could turn off and on so that I had total control to the wireless connections to the network, IE: I had control over my kid's laptop in that I could or could not let her have access, it was thru the 192.168.1.1 linksys portal and it was something I just checked and unchecked who controlled who did and who did not surf.

PLMK-Thanks~!

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Todd, I use Netgear so I wasn't the best one to respond. But since no one has, the Linksys web site confirms 192.168.1.1 as the right IP address. The enable/disable radio button is on the first tab. So what problem are you having, does the IP address not connect you to the routers "web page"?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If it brings up a page of connected MAC addresses, perhaps you can disable access to you kid's MAC address.

ScottHH

Stunt Coordinator
Yes that's the right IP address.
I used to have the befw11s4, but now I have the WRT54g.
On my new modem on the wirelss tab, you can switch the
Wireless Network Mode to "Disabled", cutting all wireless access. I'm pretty sure there was a similar setting on the befw11s4.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks