1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lightbulb Sun DVD-Audio (+CD)

Discussion in 'Music' started by FeisalK, Mar 8, 2008.

1. FeisalK

FeisalK Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A brand new edition of the long out of print 2000 studio album by Porcupine Tree. The album contains the original studio versions of PT classics such as Shesmovedon, Russia On Ice, Hatesong, and Feel So Low, and has been lavishly revamped into a definitive 2 disc set.

Disc one is a CD containing a pristine remix / remaster of the album, while disc two is a DVD-Audio (playable on any DVD player) containing the album remixed into 5.1 surround sound (in DVD-A and DTS versions), as well as a 24 bit high resolution version of the stereo mix and the original 2000 mix/master.

Also included are 5.1 mixes of bonus tracks Disappear, Buying New Soul, and Cure for Optimism, which were recorded during the same sessions. This is the definitive version of one of the essential albums in the PT catalogue.

Preorder now - Shipping from 7th April only from the PT Store (This title is not on general release until 21st April).

2. Jim_C

Jim_C Well-Known Member

I was about to post this but someone got here before me. [​IMG]

Finally, I can get Lightbulb Sun! I can't wait!

3. Rob M.

Rob M. Well-Known Member

FYI for anyone in the US, this will apparently be released over here and be significantly cheaper than importing. From PT.com:

4. Philip_T

Philip_T Well-Known Member

Can't wait to hear this album in 5.1. One of their best offerings IMO.

5. FeisalK

FeisalK Well-Known Member

update

6. Jim_C

Jim_C Well-Known Member

Having heard the hype for LS for years I was afraid it might not live up to it. Boy, was I wrong to think that. It's already right up there with In Absentia and Deadwing as my favorite PT albums and I've only listened to it once. I've got shesmovedon stuck in my head.

Now if they'd only re-release "Recordings" I'd be all set.

7. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Well-Known Member

Need to pick this up, heard nothing but great things about it.