What's new

Lifetime subscriptio???? (1 Viewer)

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
Besides a nuclear war that knocks out all satellite's or an electro-magnetic pulse from Bin Laden or space and beyond. Is there a reason to NOT get a lifetime subscription?

With Sirius it would pay for itself within 4 years. I can't see myself every wanting XM (reception problems in the north and just better stations).

I would think XM is the same deal. So if you have the money why not??

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Brian,

Have you tried XM?

Might want to test both if you can before you pony
up a lifetime subscription to Sirius.

Also, be aware, last I heard, the "lifetime" is for
the life of your particular receiver.

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
I have heard XM in friends cars and frankly they were disappointed with the constant cut outs under bridges and behind buildings. Can't even listen to it IN Madison. Plus - better programming for Rock programming on Sirius in my view.

I did some comparing (as much as I could which was not a LOT) and since we have Dish Net with sirius and loved it and hearing 3 or 4 friends with XM problems here in Wisconsin we went with Sirius. Plus they really like the rock programming better then XM.

"Also, be aware, last I heard, the "lifetime" is for
the life of your particular receiver."

AHHH!! good point!

Perhaps it's just a location thing.

Paul E V

Stunt Coordinator
Lifetime of the receiver is correct.

At the current rates:
$12.95/mo
$142.45/year
$271.95/2 years
$499.99/lifetime

Monthly is $505.05 3 years 3 months
Yearly is $469.80 for 4 years
2 year is $543.90 for 4 years

I've got a CD changer from the early 90's that still works flawlessly. --- And it has moving parts! (It's a Pioneer where the laser moves to the CD not the CD to the laser)

I highly doubt a simple receiver, barring dropping/crushing/natural disaster, will die before my CD changer. I'll be going for lifetime. :D

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Brian, I am in the same boat pondering the lifetime subscription option for Sirius. I think it's the best deal out there frankly... I might get a subscription before I actually get a unit.

marcoV

Auditioning
I decided against paying for lifetime subscription to Sirius only because I might not have the same receiver after 4 years.

I'm comfortable paying the monthly fees.

Kevin_W

Second Unit
^^^ What he said.

As a Sirius subscriber I am content on paying monthly. Satellite radio receivers are in their infancy and there will be only better features coming down the road.

Additionally, lifetime should be lifetime. None of this for the receiver only. Thats borderline bait and switch.

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
It is not for just one receiver.....it is for 4 receivers.

You sign up for the lifetime with your initial receiver, then you can transfer your subscription 3 times for $75 each time to a new receiver.

So if you get 3-5 years out of each receiver, and you go thru 4 receivers..........that's almost 20 years of service for $725.

Still a great deal if you are going to stick with Sirius for the long haul.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks