What's new

LG GA6450 (55" Google TV) Questions (1 Viewer)

GadgetRick

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick
Just picked one of these up. So far, I'm somewhat impressed with the color reproduction and sharpness of the set. It can be confusing working with it though. It's an Android TV (essentially) and then there's the LG interface. But that's all another story.

The reason I'm posing here (first post) is because I'm trying to find out why it's not passing Dolby Digital info to my receiver. I'm running audio from my satellite box straight to my receiver and that works so I know my receiver is ok. I'm trying to watch Amazon streaming video from the TV and am using an optical audio out cable to my receiver. I can't get digital audio. Ditto for running the Xbox 360 through HDMI to the set with the audio passing through the set to the receiver. Ditto for my DVD player via HDMI to TV.

My receiver is quite old do it doesn't switch HDMI or I'd just run everything straight through it but that wouldn't help my Amazon issue. Seems like maybe there's something in a menu I may have to change but I can't find anything to save my life and can't find anything searching on the Web.

The receiver is set up correctly--I double-checked.

Hoping someone may be able to shed some light on this perplexing problem.

Thanks.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Cause your TV(no TV actually) isn't supposed to be your AV hub.It is working properly. Now the streaming content is another story. I use either Roku or entertainment PC. I have no idea what current Smart TVs have surround sound capable streaming.In every single TV you buy, the only thing that is always 5.1 is its own internal OTA tuner.

GadgetRick

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick
schan1269 said:
Cause your TV(no TV actually) isn't supposed to be your AV hub.It is working properly. Now the streaming content is another story. I use either Roku or entertainment PC. I have no idea what current Smart TVs have surround sound capable streaming.In every single TV you buy, the only thing that is always 5.1 is its own internal OTA tuner.
This TV is supposed to pass the audio through so it should be digital. That's the reason they have a digital out on the TV. Otherwise, why bother with the added expense?

Also, it says in the documentation it passes it through.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Your right, it passes "all other incoming signals" out as 2.0 PCM.And why bother with the expense?For those of us who use OTA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks