What's new

LG 50PG30F AUDIO OUT (1 Viewer)

Sonar

Auditioning
Real Name
F. de Koning
I was given this TV as a present so returning it is out of the question. My problem is, that the sound quality of the tv's speakers is not very good. Since there are non output jacks of the normal sort whatsoever, I have no idea what I need to hook up an external speaker system to the TV since the only output terminal on the back of the tv is digital audio out.
I would appreciate any help I can get.Thanks.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Sonar:

First, welcome to the forum!

You can't generally connect external speakers to a TV set, unless they are tiny speakers included with the TV and designed to work with the low-power amp inside the set. In order to get better sound you need an external digital amplifier or receiver and speakers. Then you need to connect either the TV's digital output to to that (for programming received via an over-the-ar antenna or the TV's QAM tuner cable input) or connect your video sourc(s) (cable box, DVD player, etc.) to that digital receiver or amplifier. There's really no other way to do it, even on a TV that has additional outputs, since they all have to connect to an external amp or one kind or another.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I keep forgetting about soundbars because the last time I looked into them they still kinda sucked for the most part - especially in rooms that had any kind of acoustic problems. But I have heard from others that today's versions are much better. Thanks for reminding me of another alternative for people in Sonar's position.

Regards,

Joe

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
One thing for sure the sound quality of the speakers found in most of today's flat panels are pretty bad. Even when compared to old Tube sets of a few years ago. However, everyone may not be interested in or have room for a full 5.1 or 7.1 system but want better sound from their TV.

A few years ago I picked up a 19" LCD for the kitchen. I had very weak sound compared to the small tube set it replaced which was compounded by the hard surfaces found in a kitchen. I purchased a small Cambridge Sound works 2.1 system meant for PC's for about $80 and It really made an improvement over the on board speakers.

zstarsales04

Auditioning
Real Name
Iris Lau
Zstar Electronic Co.Ltd, Sell fire cards for DS/NDSL/NDSi, also have Wii, DSiLL, NDSi, NDSL, PSP2000, PSP3000, PS2, PS3, PSP go, PSP, Xbox360 accessories, all kinds of phones are available
www.zstar.hk

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks