What's new

LFE vs Diverted Bass - Is your processor WRONG? (Updated with custom test tones) (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Ed- But I had the same effect with a center channel that went down to 40 Hz. Plus, it shouldn't matter anyway: as long as I have the crossover freq set properly, the bass present on the disc has to go *somewhere*. Whether it's the center or it's being crossed over to the sub. And, it's the sub channel that's too low, not the main channel. (If the problem was that I was crossing over the center channel too *high* and losing that bass info completely...) I still think there's something wrong with those test tones on Avia... :)
Oh, if I do use the left speaker toggled with the sub tone to get my sub level on Avia, it does match pretty well with the other test disc I use too: the Chesky Ultimate DVD-A/DVD-V disc. And the left speaker also matches the right speaker too. Just not the center.

Zack_R

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin, if you've got a center that goes to 40Hz it may be cancelling with the sub. One way to find out is to move the center to where the sub is and test.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks