What's new

Let's see your desktop (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
@Dave P- Love that Bore Bora pic, if it's hi-rez would you mind putting it somewhere where I can save it? :)

@Michael H- Awesome shot!

Here's mine:

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy

Thanks Bryan, consider it the luck of the photo-gods :)

I actually have my Mt. Assiniboine photo package available here if anyone's interested.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
desktop.jpg

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn
I'm an idiot, I don't know how to do a screen shot, but here's my wallpaper. I change it from time to time with pictures I take while fly fishing. This is the "Upper Falls" on the Ammonoosuc River in New Hampshire.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Here's my wallpaper, my daughter on her 1st birthday last fall...I couldn't figure out how to capture my desktop icons either!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'll bet that cake didn't look like this a few minutes after the picture snapped. :laugh:

Usually you just hit the prt scr button on the keyboard and it copies whatever is on the screen to the clipboard. Then you use photoshop (or similar) to load it up and save it to the correct format, jpg. You can then upload it to something like photobucket.com and copy the url here.

I just did mine...look at this mess!

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Ron - do you wanna fill in the blanks for us?

Finder
Dashboard
Mail

Address Book

Safari

Firefox
iChat
Adium

Pages?
Address Book

iCal
iTunes
iMovie

iDVD
Garage Band

iWeb

Stickies

Quicktime

System Preferences

Word
Excel
Powerpoint
Entourage
Toast

(and that's the last one I recognize)

also, which widgets are you using on screen there?

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser

I use Paint and Imageshack.us. Paint comes free with windows, and imageshack.us doesn't require you to sign up. I'm not sure if Photobucket has an instant upload thing like imageshack since I haven't used it in 2 years.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I've used it for about a year and a half. They must've impoved it since you used it. You do have to sign up but it's free. The uploads are pretty quick and can be used right away.

I use Paint Shop Pro X, but Paint ain't bad for this purpose. I had to do a "copy to new image" command and that created the clipboard capture of the desk to a new image. then I could shrink it a bit and save it. I'm not sure how it's done in Paint.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser

I just paste it and save it as an .jpeg image. If I wanted to resize it, I just go into the "Image" menu and choose "Strech/Skew". I can then change it using %'s.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Couldn't be easier.

A few years ago I had no idea how to do it. But I had an app that would record movies of all desktop activity. So I'd do a short movie, then I'd run it on a video app that allowed me to take snapshots. Way too many steps!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks