1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Let It Be Naked-First Review

Discussion in 'Music' started by LarryDavenport, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Bill Blank

Bill Blank Well-Known Member

I've tried the new Let It Be on a portable Sony Discman, my Subaru's CD player, my Cambridge Audio D300, and my Rega Planet 2000 and have not had any problems. Per the Copy Controlled agreement all discs containing such measures must make it clear on the packaging that it is protected so that the consumer can make the decision of whether or not to but the album. They're also not allowed to use the Compact Disc logo or terms "CD" anywhere on the package. The Starsailor disc conforms to these two mandates but the Beatles has no such markings. In fact, the jewel case clearly says "2 CD" right on it.

Bill

2. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Well-Known Member

Like: The Long and Winding Road, Across the Universe, Let it Be, One After 909.

Dislike: I liked the studio banter, and I prefer "Two of Us" as the first track.

Glad to have this and the original. Now how about some nice remasters of more of the catalog.

3. ElevSkyMovie

ElevSkyMovie Well-Known Member

I don't think the disc is copy protected in the US. In other countries, it is. If you bought the disc in the US, I think you are fine.

4. MartinTeller

MartinTeller Well-Known Member

Not at all. I bought mine in the US, and it will not play on my PC. Exceptionally annoying.

5. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Well-Known Member

6. Grant B

Grant B Well-Known Member

I made a copy to keep in my megachanger (which is legal!) without a problem and the orginial plays fine in my car.

I like the Phil Spector version much better! Even a "Long and Winding Road"!!!