What's new

Lego Indy Jones - reviews for/from parents? (1 Viewer)

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all---

To anyone who's played or purchased the new LEGO Indiana Jones game, could you offer some advice to parents of small children? I noticed that, like the second LEGO Star Wars game, the IJ one is rated E10+.

What elements of the IJ game would you consider to be inappropriate for kids under 10? I assume that it might be something involving the melting faces at the end of the Raiders section, or, more likely, something to do with the Temple of Doom section, since that film includes many dark, intense scenes that aren't appropriate for little kids.

If you don't have any advice to offer, could you share a link or two that might provide some information?

The bottom line is that I'm considering getting the Wii version, but I want to make sure it's okay for my 8-year-old and, to a lesser degree, my 5-year-old.

Thanks,
mattl

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Wish I could help you out with your questions. I do know that a friend of mine has 8 and 6 year old kids and they loved the Lego SW games and were planning to get IJ this weekend for them.

I'm thinking that it's just the people giving out the ratings just being overly cautious because the Lego enemies get "killed". I have the Lego SW and would have no problem letting my daughter play it if she was old enough for video games (she's 16 months old).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Only speaking about the Star Wars Lego games, I can say that even Luke getting his hand chopped off was played for a joke rather than serious or scary and I'd be surprised if Indy was any different.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I have Lego Indy Jones.
I've played Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom

and all of the heart ripping, face melting and bug eating is not even there.
It's all done in a comical sense.

Like with the face melting, the lego guys just falls apart.
The bug eating is just a bug attaching itself to the face of a lego guy and then chasing him around the room.

There's also lots of cameo appearances my Star Wars characters.

A great game.
The whole soundtrack is present while playing every level.

I'm enjoying it very much!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks