What's new

Legends of the Super-Heroes - Something's "off" on the packaging.... (1 Viewer)

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I have a glossy print of the cast shot with Burt in that pose (that I got from Still Things a long time ago--along with some others--to make a custom box for my unofficial VHS recording). You'd think if they didn't have access to the original transparencies (and a high-quality scanner) that they would have just kept it simple and given us the full cast shot instead as one dominant image, which would have probably looked better anyway, given that they appear to have little access to actual publicity stills (I know of about a dozen or so).

Claude North

Second Unit
I'm just glad to see this thing being made available. I was in grade school when this aired and I still remember how disappointed I was when I discovered that it was a comedy and not a serious action special. But it always stayed with me, so I'll definitely pick up a copy just because it is such an odd chapter in the DC Universe's television history.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
I remember being annoyed that they had Hawkman just make bird noises.

This might represent the complete low point for the DC Comics universe

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Claude North

I'm just glad to see this thing being made available. I was in grade school when this aired and I still remember how disappointed I was when I discovered that it was a comedy and not a serious action special. But it always stayed with me, so I'll definitely pick up a copy just because it is such an odd chapter in the DC Universe's television history.

I remember being very, very disappointed when I saw that full-page ad in TV Guide and seeing that my local affiliate was the only one of the three in the guide to not air 'The Challenge'! It wasn't until I picked up a bootleg in the mid-90s that I got to see that first installment (my station did show 'The Roast', however).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks