What's new

Legacy AudioVideo.com Scam! (1 Viewer)

Keith M.

Second Unit
Please be aware, LegacyAudioVideo.com and all related companies such as Uncle Stereo, ReliableAudioVideo out of NY are a scam. They have more than 5 separate websites all with now invalid phone/fax numbers, and have numerous business aliases and hotmail email addresses...

I recently placed an order from them due to their very low prices and have not received my order and all their phone numbers are now disconnected. Last time I did reach someone they made up lies about computer problems and then claimed they were moving so couldnt give me a tracking number. I have since reported them to NY BBB and am reporting them to my credit card company.

Be careful when ordering online. Check the appropriate BBB website and make sure they have a reliable contact method. If its too good to be true, it is honestly!!!

Bob Jackson

Stunt Coordinator
Its been a few years, but Uncle Stereo got me my speakers at a great price in great shape.

I was worried and they seemed somewhat slimy, but they came thru.

Not sure what their current status is.

Did they charge your credit card? How long since you placed the order?

John-Miles

Screenwriter
I dont know about anyone else, but if a company was using hotmail for their e-mail.... I would steer clear just on that alone.

Keith M.

Second Unit
The company hasnt even responded to my emails with BBB references and credit card fraud charges, so this only confirms there illegitimacy.

BTW, what the hell ever happened to customer service??:angry:

The retail industry has gone down in quality service with the advent of technology. This should of had the opposite effect.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
The retail industry has gone down in quality service with the advent of technology. This should of had the opposite effect.
I am certainly one to rant against the whole "authorized dealer network" some manufacturers set up to fix prices but I guess one reason CS has gone down is the commoditization of electronics. If all anyone cares about is price (and face it, when buying from a place like Uncle Stereo, price is the driving factor) then all the low price dealers will deliver only the low price and will do everything in their power to get the low price, including not hiring good customer service people or paying for a legitimate email system.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
Surprising, since I have had several successful transactions with both Uncle and Reliable.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I have never purchased anything from any of the online vendors discussed in this thread. After reading this, I am certain I never will.

The lack of customer service from online sellers I understand fully and expect. I often purchase home audio video products online and before the internet, I often purchased from mail order sources advertised in the back of home audio video magazines. If customer service is important to you and you are willing to pay for it, always buy from authorized retailers that have B&M stores. For the most part technology doesn't help provide customer service, that needs to be done by a qualified real person that understands the customers needs. I don't see technology making customer service better or worse. The B&M stores can have trained sales and technical people to provide customer service. Even today these stores can have excellent trained staff to help. The online discount sellers make a very small margin and are not setup to spend a half an hour talking to you on the phone or corresponding with you. If the company makes $25 on a $400 item, obviously they are not going to be able to afford any sort of customer service and still make the business work. These sellers have to be high volume low overhead. If you know what you want and know how to set it up and use it, then the lack of any customer service should not be a problem.

Research which online companies are reputable and buy only from those with a proven record and the savings can justify the lack of service before and after the sale. I would guess I have purchased $50,000 of home electronics this way and have never had a single complaint. Some products were not what I had hoped for but I don't blame the seller, I blame myself for not knowing what I was buying. I have never lost my money or not received what I purchased. As suggested research the seller and be cautious.

Chris

kevitra

Second Unit
Do a google groups search for Uncle's stereo and you can find a lot of people that have had problems with them, along with people with no problems.

Always do an internet search for the company name if you are planning on buying from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks