What's new

Left-handed people beware! (1 Viewer)

DaveJJ

Stunt Coordinator
Strange but true!

Over 2500 left handed people a year are killed from using products made for right handed people!

I found this in the Internet. There were a couple of things I thought about for righted-handed products that might kill a left-handed person. Power tools, Cars with stick shifts and maybe sports equipment?
The article did not mention any right handed products. Anybody have any idea or opinions...!

DaveJJ

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Well, a right handed can opener in the hands of one of us sinister lefties could cause some damage I think.
Right handed scissors are just as evil too.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Bingo. Without this (and other) data, we don't know whether 2500 deaths per year is statistically excessive. It could be the case that the percentage of people who kill themselves by running with scissors is the same for both right- and left-handed people.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
It has been revealed. Our efforts in this regard are woefully inadequate. We must immediately redouble our efforts if we are ever to succeed in ridding the world of the inferior "lefties".

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
You know it is funny, then again it is very frustrating. As a life long lefty, there are times when you get really pissed at how little is geared toward you or when you need certain things. For example, yesterday, went to a nice local golf course, first time of the season, and realized I needed a new glove. Oh, they didn't have any gloves for us freaks, its just little things like that that on certain days drive me nuts. The jokes are funny and my brother in law says I have a brain defect...

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
That it is Patrick, that it is....not sure how many times I have heard "well we can order them for you"

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis

:confused: The handed-ness of the shooter is generally not as significant as which eye is dominant. I'm left-handed but right-eyed, so I shoot "right handed".

Shane Roach

Stunt Coordinator

Are folks in the UK, Australia, Japan, and other "right-hand-drive" countries more prominently left-handed than Americans, Frenchies, Germans, etc.? :D

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Just Internet fluff.

I'm a lefty, too. But I shift to right-handedness in certain situations (playing the guitar, for example). Quite possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks