What's new

leave it to beaver (1 Viewer)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i saw beaver on tv - was the twilight zone and litb on the same channel ?

in this episode there was a referral to tz, in a good way.

and then the next show was box office attraction.

i felt kinda sorry for the girl - that was a deep show.

i think the girl was messed up, and knew she was messed up.

and saw wally as the type of boy that she should like, but perhaps did not feel worthy in some way ?

so she pushed him away, before she could develop any sort of real feelings for him.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
jimmyjet said:
i saw beaver on tv - was the twilight zone and litb on the same channel ?in this episode there was a referral to tz, in a good way..
Beaver was on ABC. TZ was on CBS.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Mike Frezon said:
Actually, season 1 of Beaver aired on CBS. The other five seasons aired on ABC.
Yes but the question was in regard to when the "Beaver on TV" episode aired. By that time, Beaver had been on ABC for more than 4 years.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
just finished the silent treatment. yet another good story.

but what a special effects snafu !!!

there was a bee that beaver was swatting away from lacquered tables.

you could see the line attached to it, very clearly.

someone was tugging on it up and down to similate it buzzing about !!!

i would definitely prefer them to do what was necessary to delete the line from the blu-ray.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
eddie haskell is becoming one of my all-time favorite characters.

and he is in almost all of these last episodes.

i think hugh, barbara, tony, and jerry all play their parts well.

but ken osmond does a superb job with eddie.

and while i am no actor, i think the role of eddie is a much more challenging role to play.

it is not just the way he talks. his mannerisms are very important towards the development of eddie.

from what i have read, ken is nothing like eddie, in real life. so it is not as though he can rely on any part of his real personality to play the part.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
jimmyjet said:

Hence my personal preference for LITB seasons being in reverse order, last to first. This isn't the norm with me on most TV shows. Generally I enjoy the early seasons best. But not in this case. I find myself much more likely to revisit the latter seasons rather than the early ones for the specific reason you mentioned - more Eddie (and Lumpy w/him). And in this show, more is absolutely better. If I had to surrender my LITB dvds and could only keep one season, S6 would be it. Hands down the best, imho!

Gary "long live Eddie Haskell" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gary OS said:
Hence my personal preference for LITB seasons being in reverse order, last to first. This isn't the norm with me on most TV shows. Generally I enjoy the early seasons best. But not in this case. I find myself much more likely to revisit the latter seasons rather than the early ones for the specific reason you mentioned - more Eddie (and Lumpy w/him). And in this show, more is absolutely better. If I had to surrender my LITB dvds and could only keep one season, S6 would be it. Hands down the best, imho!

33duv5l.jpg

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i am fairly conservative, probably much like ken osmond might be.

and i do not think i could do "eddie" and make it look anything believable !!!

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
jimmyjet said:

but ken osmond does a superb job with eddie.

and while i am no actor, i think the role of eddie is a much more challenging role to play.

it is not just the way he talks. his mannerisms are very important towards the development of eddie.
Eddie could also be very vulnerable. It wasn't like Osmond was playing someone who was always a jerk.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
absolutely - that is what makes him such a real person - cuz you know that he tries to hide his vulnerability.

which is what we all tend to do, with things that hit too close to our comfort zone.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Gary OS said:

I used to be like this when I was younger. But watching the show through again for the first time in years I'm absolutely loving the early seasons. I think I might be where I'll like the whole thing together about equally once I've gotten to the end.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Each season has it's charms. Most of the early episodes are just flat-out hilarious and Larry Mondello is my favorite Beaver buddy, even though he mostly acts like a rat (I blame his parents for that). The later episodes have more Eddie and Lumpy, which is a very good thing. Eddie really becomes a full person and Lumpy is, well, Lumpy. IMO, you can't go wrong with any year of this great series.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
the first half of the show has mentions of mary ellen rogers, while the second half has julie foster.

there was a period where both girls were part of wally's life.

is there any story to why the one replaced the other ?

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I guess you know that according to the 1983 TV movie Still the Beaver and the subsequent series The New Leave It to Beaver, Wally ended up marrying Mary Ellen Rogers.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i liked pamela baird, but i think cheryl holdridge did a better job at playing the girlfriend role.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks