What's new

Leave it to Beaver sets are on the way! (1 Viewer)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Any chance of seeing the original pilot on the S1 set? I remember it airing on TBS during the late 1980's (1987 if I remember correctly) and it had a couple of different actors for Ward and Wally. It'd be a great extra to include in the S1 set.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I think Harry Shearer was in that original pilot. Thats really sad about Whitey, he was the little guy right? It looks like he fell victim to the child actor problems. I think Bobby Driscoll (Disney actor in the early 50s) had the same problems but he only last a decade or so after his popularity.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Whitey was the little blond kid who talked Beaver into the bowl of soup. His brother Tiger played Wally's friend Tooey.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Beaver could have been a lawyer
Beaver could have been a crook
'Cause when he smiles and says, "Gee, Wally!"
It always gets him off the hook
Leave it to Beaver
In the morning
Beaver in the afternoon
Beaver! No fair warning
Take a tip from Ward and June

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I like the TV Land spots they did.

...the lesson goes into this side of Beavers head, and out the other side here...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I like the simple little "back from the commercials" spot where Beav slowly turns his head and says, "Gee, dad!" He seems so confused and addled there. :)

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Hey Carlos, a really funny [and ironic] twist on Beaver in the soup.

About 20 years or so ago, a local station was advertising Leave It To Beaver syndicated reruns. There was a billboard on Aurora Avenue in Seattle, and it showed a large cutout of Jerry Mathers from an episode where Whitey [or one of his other buddies] dared him to see if there was really coffee in the cup on the billboard.

Anyway, there was a short in the mechanism of the handling the "steaming" of the coffee cup, and it started a fire. The newspaper headline over that picture of two firetrucks working hard to put it out [with the Beav still visible] was "Beaver gets himself into a REALLY hot cup of coffee!"

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
The bowl of soup episode is a classic as is the episode in which the Beav gets his head stuck in the picket fence!

Joseph Miller

Stunt Coordinator
And Connelly and Mosher satirized the "head stuck in the fence" episode in an episode of "The Munsters" ... one of TV's greatest in-jokes.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
Some other great episodes....

Beaver gives himself a haircut
Beaver skips school and ends up on TV
Beaver joins a record club
Beaver peeks under Miss Lander's dress

What? you didn't see that last one?

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
Beaver skipped school twice didn't he? I seem to remember him going to the theater and winning a bike.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

You're close, but not quite correct here. In the "Beaver Wins A Bike" episode, The Beav was being punished by The Ward & The June (*wink*), was grounded and told not to leave the Cleaver premises. Beaver, as per the norm, disobeyed and went to the movies with Larry Mondello and won the bicycle.

He then forced Larry into saying it was he (Larry) who won the bike, instead of The Beav. Theodore, in the end, pays the price for his dishonesty, with Ward whipping the youngster into oblivion, in a scene that made "The Passion Of The Christ" look like Romper Room School! It was brutal! The next episode was entitled "Beaver's Blisters". But ya can't let these young-uns get away with murder! Ya just can't! Ward had to teach him his
lesson! :) :)

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the correction. He actually hit him? I don't remember that, maybe I've seen the edited versions. I only remember Ward "hollering" at the boys and he would get upset when they would assume he would hit them.

LitB is a great show, plenty of memories. Remember the one with the baby picture? Or the one with Beaver in a bunny suit or the one with him pushing the baby carriage home. Remember when Eddie was afraid to stay home alone?

I can't wait for this set.

Here's a little Leave it to Beaver trivia for you...

In what episode did Beaver get his head stuck somewhere?

Joseph Miller

Stunt Coordinator
Paul -- David VP was writing with his tongue in his cheek. They talked about being hit, but there was no violence on LItB -- except ONCE. Yes, in full view, Eddie socked Wally in the puss.

Here's something I'd like to ask the Beaver experts.

What was the filthy word Beaver used in the hall at school -- the one Miss Landers overheard -- the one he had to whisper to Wally, who agreed it was something they could never, ever say to their mother -- not even to their father!

We couldn't hear it because the bell rang at that moment and drowned it out -- dang! Reading his lips, though, I could swear he's actually saying a**hole!

What do you all think?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I doubt if they really had the Beav say any naughty words. Besides, he probably said, "big, smelly rat."

Louis C

Supporting Actor
Since no one took the bait from my last post...

"Beaver peeks under Miss Lander's dress

What? you didn't see that last one? "

Answer: Is that the one where he sees himself?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks