What's new

Leave it to beaver season 3? (1 Viewer)

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

I honestly don't think it's been abandoned. Remember, there were 14 months between season releases on The Munsters. I bet we're just going on a slower release schedule.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I was watching this morning's episode of LITB on TV Land. It's the last season episode where Uncle Billy visits and Beaver tries to sneak Gilbert into the movie theater and he gets caught. Anyway, when Beaver is sent to the Theater manager's office and he gets scolded by the man, when this guy spoke, there was something about his voice that seemed recognizable to me, but I just couldn't place it. I turned towards a wall calendar in my room for a split second and saw today is November 13th...Then it hit me! "On November 13th, Felix Unger was asked to remove himself from his place of residence, that request came from his wife!" I was positive it was the same voice! So I waited for the closing credits, and found his name to be William Woodson...Sure enough, he was the voice during the opening credits of The Odd Couple! See the kind of Beaver trivia you can come up with when you have a wall calendar? ;)

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
I love it when tvland gets to that 6th and final season of episodes.They are so entertaining and rewatchable.come on universal.

tce911

Auditioning
Real Name
thomas c
to all:

I have also E-mailed universal studios, and get this, David VP, I remember you were the last one to ask them 3 months ago, My answer from them ?, the same as they said before!!!!, No information available, I'm sorry folks but i have a really hard time accepting that as a legitimate answer!! frankly I think it is a cop out. How can these people working there not know something at all!!!!, I'm sorry I might be wrong. Knowing how upper management likes to keep lower people in the dark, "I know as a civil service employee", but they don't realize most of us people who make things happen, are the smartest and smarter than they will ever be especially with common sense!!!. All I can hope for is that some day we hear something. I think I'll just take my name off the notification of announcement list because all I hear of is a bunch of other c@#&p that I'm not interested in, Chins up people!! who knows maybe some year. Thanks
Thomas C

tce911

Auditioning
Real Name
thomas c
to all again:

correction on the last post, It was supposed to be referring to when Marc So sent his question 7 sep06 e mail regarding the question on when release date???? sorry dave vp

thomas c

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
They can't spend time answering questions, so they send out a standard reply which basically says they don't know anything so leave them alone.

I'm wondering if there's been a general holdup on major DVD releases in the TV season category while the companies are waiting to see what happens with HD and Blu-Ray.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So. I was watching an episode from Season 2 of Will & Grace tonight with my wife and said the actress who played Jack's mother in a scene looked awfully familiar to me...but I just couldn't place her.

The closing credits of the show revealed her to be none other than Veronica Cartwright who played, of course, none other than Violet Rutherford! Veronica was the sister of well-known child actress Angela Cartwright.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Well, here we are ready to enter into the last month of the year, with Universal announcing for shows in February and, I believe, March of next year. And still nothing on Season 3. There are a number of personal favorites that have seemingly been abandoned ("Have Gun, Will Travel", "Rawhide", "My Favorite Martian", "Green Acres", "Partridge Family", "Naked City", etc.) but of all these "Leave it to Beaver" is the show I'm most disappointed to see abandoned or at least put on a slow burner. I just can't believe Universal is letting this one go...

Gary "boy am I bummed out by the lack of an announcement for this classic of classics" O.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Gary, it may be that Universal is just rolling out series slower than they have in the past. They just announced season 3 of "Emergency!" yesterday for a mid-February release and that'll be about a year since season 2 was released. So I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

Can't blame Image for "abandoning" Naked City. There were only allowed to license the 60 episodes they put out. Sony wouldn't give them the rest and refused them when they tried to get more. As for the others, well, I think Mad About You and Mary Tyler Moore Show both prove that sometimes a huge gap doesn't necessarily mean abandonment. Although Universal does seem to be the king of abandoning shows.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

You're right on that one, Michael. I didn't mean to come across as getting on individual studios, especially ones like IMAGE that do such a great job. I was just bemoaning any abandonment of classic tv on dvd. But I'd be lying if I didn't say that Universal is at the bottom of my list at the moment.

Gary "I'd love to see those early half hour 'Naked City' episodes, but it doesn't look like it will happen at this point" O.

Susan Nunes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Susan Nunes

There is NO way Universal is going to abandon a series that has a large cult following, as Leave It to Beaver has.

Sometimes I think people here do not realize it takes time for studios to put out their DVD series. They get spoiled when they get a season or two, and then they expect the studios to put out a volume a month or something.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Actually, it is possible universal is just being lazy !! Look how quick anchor bay cranked out the entire threes company series .Sorry, but i had to say it.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

How about the new release of "Get Smart" where Time Life decided to release the entire 5 seasons all at once? Wouldn't it have been great if Universal had done the same with Beaver?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Yeah, I guess that's it. I just expected Universal to put out one season of LITB per month. How foolish of me. :rolleyes

In all seriousness, expecting Universal to put out one set of this classic every six months isn't asking too much. And it has nothing to do with the studio being unable to get these dvds ready. This is all about Universal not thinking the previous two sets brought in enough money.

Right now the series is clearly on hold. I wouldn't say it's dead, but it certainly isn't thriving either. Remember, it was this past May when the last set came out, and we are now getting release dates from Universal that stretch into March of next year and we've heard zero, zip, nada about a 3rd season of LITB. So while we shouldn't be in absolute panic mode, it is time to be concerned because they released the first two sets within 6 months of one another.

Gary "I'm not about to believe Universal is so dumb as to completely abandon the show, but I'm also not ready to believe we won't see a substantial layoff between sets - that much is already obvious" O.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I might be wrong about this, but based on things I've read, I think it's somewhat common for companies to produce two seasons of a show at a time. That's why there might be a lag between seasons two and three, and then season four will follow more quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks