What's new

Leave it to beaver season 3? (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
>>> "One concern about ordering a large DVD set like this with over 30 discs, there is a good chance some discs will be loose inside the DVD cases causing them to slide around and get scratch damage while the package is in transit."

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Hmm,Im wondering if they did those really tight hubs on the complete series only.Because while I didnt have any floaters on my season 3 set , I wouldnt say I had a hard time removing the discs from the hubs.Happy viewing everyone !!!!!

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
The problem is, discs are sometimes not placed securely on to the hubs at the factory when the DVD sets are being put together. This oversight is what causes the discs to become floaters inside the cases during transit. I know what you guys mean though about the tight hubs. I've bought DVD sets too where the discs are very hard to remove at first, but I've discovered over time that those discs get easier to remove from the hubs. I guess it's sort of like breaking in a new pair of shoes. When you first get a new pair of shoes, they are hard to put on and usually don't feel that comfortable on your feet. But after you wear them awhile they take on the shape of your foot and begin to feel much more comfortable.

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson
I guess I was lucky. I had no floaters and didn't really have that hard of a time getting them out. I checked all 37 discs and they were all in mint condition. My only issue was a couple of the booklets were a bit mangled. Nothing to get too upset over but still a bit disappointing.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Yes, the band and dancing above means my set arrived this morning! First off, no floaters. Not even close. Everything is very secure and the set as a whole is very nice and neat. I can't see how this wouldn't get my vote as "Set of the Year" even though we are only halfway thru 2010. It's just phenomenal.

I told myself I'd start with Season 3, but I couldn't help but pull out Season 6, Disc 1 and start things off with a Cheryl Holdridge episode ("Wally's Dinner Date"). Everything that Brian Ward and all the reviewers have said is true: the video and audio quality is A+ rate all the way!!! The show looks absolutely incredible. It's crisp and clear thru and thru. I've marathoned through that first disc of Season 6 already. One thing I was happy to see was the REVUE ending after the closing credits of each episode. I'm a sucker and stickler for those things, and I'm glad that wasn't removed like it has been on other releases.

Gary "back to more LITB now" O.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I have a minor beef with Barnes and Noble or its supplier. The front of my box had a small bit of artwork ripped away where a sticker of some sort had been placed and removed. It removed "it to" in the title and left a small jagged white space in its place. This was underneath the shrink wrap, of course. The box itself is sturdy with no structural damage and each disc is thankfully intact on its spindle. Some of the booklets are slightly curled, but for the price I paid, I'm not squawking and I'm not returning anything!

Another vote for "TV Set of the Year" from this corner! Can't wait to get home and dive into it as I got home too late last night to do more than sample the extras and skim through a few episodes for a quality check. I agree with Gary that I loved seeing the Revue tag. I don't care what 21st Century tags these companies add to please the lawyers, but please place them *after* the original tags, Sony.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
So, the Bradys didn't have a toilet but the Cleavers did. Cause Beav and Wally kept that cute little gator in the tank.

This is going to be a heck of a ride. I'm wondering when I'll stop getting misty when that theme song plays.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Why in the world do you have to wait until December to start enjoying your Beavers,

Mike F.?

I'm as perplexed as Ward was in the episode which had Beaver and Richard exchanging jackets back and forth.

This type of "I'm gonna wait, even though I'm dying to see these" attitude reminds me of the old TV commercial where a guy enters a saloon after having been out on the hot desert for days and was desperate for a drink. But instead of ordering a drink, he says to the bartender, "Give me a bag of potato chips".

LOL.

He was "building" his thirst to the breaking point before downing that Mountain Dew (or whatever drink was being advertised).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave:

As Ward himself might counsel..."good things come to those who wait."

I guess you could say the funds for the set came from our holiday gift budget. We shop for holiday gifts year-round...buying things when we see them for really good prices. This falls into that category. I could have waited until December to have made the purchase...but would have potentially paid twice as much.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Originally Posted by David Von Pein

What a great idea! You're the Sue Ann Nivens of the DVD Collectors! Thanks.

To this day, when I pack a suitcase and place the soles of my shoes facing up and not down, I hear Sue Ann saying, "Just remember... soles toward Heaven!" The things we learn from television.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by David Von Pein

"If you think of the living room as a big clock..." -- S. Nivens

Not to derail this thread, but with Betty White's popularity at an all-time high, it is both baffling and amazing that Fox can't get it together to release the remaining seasons of the Mary Tyler Moore show. The unreleased seasons prominently feature Sue Ann Nivens and even a half-baked TV ad campaign featuring clips of White's character would drive significant sales. Even if they only schedule the ad a few times during Hot In Cleveland on TV Land, it'll generate sales. Talk about not seeing the forest fore the trees... There has never been a better time or a better tie-in for Fox to market the remaining seasons of MTM, or better yet, a complete series set!

William Miller

Second Unit
My Beaver came today from Barnes & Noble and they pack like eveybody else...bad! Just the DVD set in a box with no packing and the darn thing bounces and bounces around during transit. The oustide box was damaged

Here is a photo of my set. Look at the bottom and you can see the problem. It is a split and/or a tear. I guess it could have been worse such as a badly smashed corner.

I am not as anal as I used to be but still it bothers me. Would this bother any of you? (To the point of sending it back?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks