What's new

Leave it to beaver season 3? (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
My B&N order is also still not shipped but I ordered it a little later than the rest of you so I may be lower in the queue. Of course if they were inundated with more orders than they could fill, some of us might have to wait a while. Still the price was so good it's worth the wait.

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson
Mark, when did you place your order? I ordered my set on June 13th. They shipped mine from NV yesterday afternoon UPS Ground and my wife called to say it was delivered already.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Originally Posted by Jonathan Peterson

Mark, when did you place your order? I ordered my set on June 13th. They shipped mine from NV yesterday afternoon UPS Ground and my wife called to say it was delivered already.

I also ordered on June 13th, but I chose the standard free shipping. Perhaps you used expedited shipping?

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson
Aha, okay. I was going to go with the cheaper shipping but decided to upgrade since I wasn't familiar with ordering from them. I wanted a number I could track easily.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Uh-oh. My order, placed on June 5th, has still not shipped and now B&N.com is showing the set as being "temporarily out of stock" along with the added comments that it will not be available again until July 2nd. While I think it's possible my order still might get shipped today (hoping it's in the processing stage) I'm not thrilled with this development. I feared that B&N might get overwhelmed with orders for this and not have enough stock to fill all the orders. That is now apparently confirmed. Darnit. I know July 2nd is only a few days away, but it still takes the fun out of not having the set in my hands this week.

Gary "I had a bad feeling that was going to happen" O.

P.S. Amazon is now showing the set as unavailable as well. So now neither of those 2 giant etailers has this in stock. Hope Shout has plenty of extras at their warehouse!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about Barnes And Noble but I know that Amazon's estimated dates are usually way longer than they ever turn out to be so I wouldn't worry too much.

Even if the B&N people have to wait, you guys still got a great deal.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Gary OS
Uh-oh. My order, placed on June 5th, has still not shipped and now B&N.com is showing the set as being "temporarily out of stock" along with the added comments that it will not be available again until July 2nd. While I think it's possible my order still might get shipped today (hoping it's in the processing stage) I'm not thrilled with this development. I feared that B&N might get overwhelmed with orders for this and not have enough stock to fill all the orders. That is now apparently confirmed. Darnit. I know July 2nd is only a few days away, but it still takes the fun out of not having the set in my hands this week.

Gary "I had a bad feeling that was going to happen" O.

P.S. Amazon is now showing the set as unavailable as well. So now neither of those 2 giant etailers has this in stock. Hope Shout has plenty of extras at their warehouse!

I guess I got in under the radar. B&N just e-mailed me that my order has shipped.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

I guess I got in under the radar. B&N just e-mailed me that my order has shipped.

Well, I know you placed your order after I did so I'm left scratching my head as to why my order has yet to ship. I really hope I get an email confirmation of shipping sometime soon and don't have to wait too long.

Gary "boy, this is crazy" O.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I just received the shipping notice for a June 12 order that replaced my original June 2 order. I canceled the earlier one to take advantage of the even LOWER price Brian alerted us to. LITB:TCS delivered for $89.36... WOW!

The only downside for me is that I won't be back in the states until the 9th, but it's nice to know it'll be waiting for me when I get home.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
OK, now I'm starting to feel like Wally after Eddie and Lumpy pulled one of their practical jokes.

Gary "if B&N doesn't ship my order today they will lose me as a customer forever" O.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
My big hunk 'o Beav is on the way!

Hang in there Gary. It's been a long haul...maybe just a little longer. Ward would set you down and explain that better than anybody here could.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
OK, I just called B&N (since I am a member and give them extra money to be one I figured it was alright to bug them) and the guy I spoke to told me he put an order into the computer to intercept one of the packages already shipped and it would be diverted to my address instead.

In all seriousness, I did call and the guy told me my order would definitely ship today. He seemed to be a nice guy so I'll refrain from going ape for a bit longer.

Gary "can everyone tell I'm a bit amped up about this release?" O.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Everything may still be okay, Gary. I assume B&N operates like Amazon, so orders are being filled and shipped out from multiple warehouse locations around the country. Depending on the timezone (and who's handling the delivery UPS, USPS, etc) the emails my not go out until the packages are picked up by the carrier. It's entirely possible your shipment is going out (or already has) and the system hasn't caught up to the information yet. If you received a notice from B&N (I got mine on June 12) that reads...

Thank you for shopping with us.
Your order is scheduled to ship. All the details of your order appear below. We are glad we could be of service and look forward to your next visit.
-- Barnes & Noble

Expected Ship Date 6-29-2010

...then you should be in good shape.

EDIT - - It looks like you resolved your order issue, Gary, so please ignore the above.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Glory be! My order has shipped! Coming via Priority Mail I should have it either Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Gary "I take back what I said about B&N - but I'm glad I called to give them a nudge" O.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Just got my notice that mine is being shipped as well by UPS! Should have it by the end of the week!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No nudge necessary from me.

Dear Mike Frezon ,

Thank you for shopping with us.

Your order is all packed and ready to ship. The details of your order are below.

For further assistance, please email us at [email protected]..

We're glad we could be of service and look forward to your next visit.

-- Barnes & Noble

And the tracking info tells me it should get here tomorrow! Mine is coming to me from a warehouse in New Jersey.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon Mine is coming to me from a warehouse in New Jersey.

So is mine, and since I live in westcentral Florida I'm sure mine won't be here till either Thursday (if I'm lucky) or Friday. But it's all good. On the plus side my mail is always delivered around 11:30 AM so I'll be able to start enjoying the set early Friday afternoon.

Gary "glad I didn't have to break out the 'spanking machine' tonight" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks