What's new

Directors LEAD Characters - The Movie Characters Tournament (1 Viewer)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm so sad that stinky Austin Powers beat out the great Atticus Finch. Sigh. Dr. Evil, I could see. At least Beetlejuice won out over Beavis...whooooo! Girls, I would have voted for Berger too if there'd been a tie. I guess I'm glad there wasn't, because Braddock is a great character too.

Austin Powers(Austin Powers series)Mike Myers wins 10-6
Axel Foley(Beverly Hills Cop)Eddie Murphy wins 6-5
Batman/Bruce Wayne(Batman)Michael Keaton et.al.wins 10-6
Beetlejuice(Beetlejuice)Michael Keaton wins 13-5
Benjamin Braddock(Graduate, The)Dustin Hoffman wins 10-2

Beverly Sutphin(Serial Mom)Kathleen Turner
"We all have our bad days."

or

Bill S. Preston, Esquire (Bill and Ted series)Alex Winter
"You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds!"

===

Billy Flynn(Chicago)Richard Gere
"I don't mean to toot my own horn, but if Jesus Christ lived in Chicago today, and he had five thousand dollars, let's just say things would have turned out differently."

or

Billy Jack(Billy Jack series)Tom Laughlin
"You know what I think I'm gonna do then? Just for the hell of it? I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face"

===

Blade(Blade)Wesley Snipes
"Some motherfuckers always trying to ice skate uphill."

or

Bonnie Parker(Bonnie and Clyde)Faye Dunaway
"You've heard the story of Jesse James / Of how he lived and died / If you're still in need / Of something to read / Here's the story of Bonnie and Clyde. / Now Bonnie and Clyde are the Barrow gang / I'm sure you all have read / How they rob and steal / And those who squeal / Are usually found dyin' or dead. / They call them cold-hearted killers / They say they are heartless and mean / But I say this with pride / That I once knew Clyde / When he was honest and upright and clean. / But the laws fooled around / Kept takin' him down / And lockin' him up in a cell / Till he said to me: "I'll never be free / So I'll meet a few of them in Hell." / If a policeman is killed in Dallas / And they have no clue to guide / If they can't find a fiend / They just wipe their slate clean / And hang it on Bonnie and Clyde / If they try to act like citizens / And rent them a nice little flat / About the third night / They're invited to fight / By a sub-guns' rat-a-tat-tat. / Some day, they'll go down together / They'll bury them side by side / To a few, it'll be grief / To the law, a relief / But it's death for Bonnie and Clyde"

===

Bree Daniel(Klute)Jane Fonda
"Men would pay $200 for me, and here you are turning down a freebie. You could get a perfectly good dishwasher for that."

or

Brian Sweeny Fitzgerald(Fitzcarraldo)Klaus Kinski
"As true as I am standing here, one day I shall bring grand opera to Iquitos.

===

Buck Rogers(Buck Rogers series)various (I think it'll count if you've seen ANY Buck Rogers)
No lines found.

or

Buck Russell(Uncle Buck)John Candy
"I don't think I want to know a six-year-old who isn't a dreamer, or a sillyheart. And I sure don't want to know one who takes their student career seriously. I don't have a college degree. I don't even have a job. But I know a good kid when I see one. Because they're ALL good kids, until dried-out, brain-dead skags like you drag them down and convince them they're no good. You so much as scowl at my niece, or any other kid in this school, and I hear about it, and I'm coming looking for you! Take this quarter, go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face! Good day to you, madam."

If Buck Rogers wins, I'm going to personally charge whoever votes for him to get me quotes. The guy talks, right? I couldn't find a quote anywhere.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see Axel and Batman get BIG wins!

abstain x2

Bill S. Preston, Esquire-obvious choice as Serial Mom is one of the worst films I've ever seen...

Blade-the epitome of a tough, painful, nerveracking, breakdown-inducing choice...

Buck Russell all the way!

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Blade-the epitome of a tough, painful, nerveracking, breakdown-inducing choice...
:emoji_thumbsup: I'm glad to hear someone say this. I figure Bonnie will get Bladed, but It's nice to know that votes weren't easy. I was a major Bonnie and Clyde fanatic when I was a kid. It was the first "grown-up" movie I ever saw by myself, when I was 12, on a double-bill with Bullitt. I can't overestimate the affect it (seeing both movies together) had on me wrt boosting my appreciation of film as a pre-teenager. (Of course, if I'd turned out to be a serial killer, I could blame that, and the fact that the very first grown-up movie I saw in the theater was In Cold Blood, which my parents took me to see. They dropped me off at the theater for the Bonnie and Clyde/Bullitt double-feature, which today would probably be considered child abuse. Thanks mom & dad!)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
These were screwed up:

Batman/Bruce Wayne (Batman) Michael Keaton et.al.wins 10-6
Beetlejuice (Beetlejuice) Michael Keaton wins 13-5
Benjamin Braddock(Graduate, The)Dustin Hoffman wins 10-2

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Beverly Sutphin - my nominee

abstain (no Billy Jack)

Blade - could that Bonnie quote be any longer?

abstain (haven't seen either)

Buck Russell - Candy's finest moment, IMO

JenB

Screenwriter
Whatever happened with the match that was tied between Agent J and Ace Ventura?

Bill S. Preston

Blade

Buck Rogers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks