What's new

Lawrence Welk Vol. 1-4 (1 Viewer)

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Nice to see this show finally get released. I have fond memories of watching him with my grandparents when I was a kid. I've been recording the shows off of PBS. I don't know if anyone else cares but at least they will make at least one sale.:)

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Now the bad news: these episodes are B/W PD kinescopes, and I suspect the Welk Group probably has better quality kinescopes and original video masters (the show was videotaped in B/W in the early 1960s until it went to color in fall 1965). I think the main issue regarding the lack of any official Welk DVD release of classic shows from its 1955-82 run is music clearance. On the other hand, DVDs of various PBS Welk shows featuring clips have been sold as pledge items. Believe me, I want to see the Lennons, Bobby and Barbara/Cissy/Elaine, Arthur Duncan, Joanne Castle, Guy & Ralna, Joe Feeney, Arthur Duncan, Anacani, Tom Netherton, Natalie Nevins, Larry Hooper, Aladdin, Mary Lou Metzger, Myron Floren and both of the TV Champagne Ladies (Alice Lon and Norma Zimmer) on DVD, too, but in an official Welk release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks