What's new

Lawrence of Arabia - next additional dates set (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
For those who are waiting for Lawrence to reach a theatre nearby, a few additional openings have been set, all in 70mm

Friday October 18 - Minneapolis - The Heights

Sunday November 24 - Hartford - Cinestudio - Trinity College

Sunday December 1 - Boston - The Coolidge Corner

Sunday December 1 - Washington D.C. - The Uptown

Friday December 13 - Detroit - The Main Art

Friday December 27 - Peekskill, NY - The Paramount

More to follow...

RAH

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Go, people!

It's worth a long drive if need be, but whatever you do just go and see it.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I’m still waiting for a Dallas showing. I have not seen this film in 70mm since it was first released. While I suppose that it won’t have the impact on me now that it did then, I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I bet it will come to Atlanta over the Summer and show at the Fox. Just like 2001 this year, we got it well behind most cities.

I believe the Fox and Tara are the only 70mm theaters in Atlanta, and in another thread someone confirmed that Tara did not have Lawrence on its schedule for the rest of the year.

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
Cinestudio - Trinity College, Hartford, CT

November 24th - 30th, in 70mm

This will be sweet. This is the very theatre where I saw 2001: A Space Odyssey in 70mm, in first run glory.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see more dates and locations announced!
Trust me, you won't regret driving a long distance to see this great film in 70mm! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Ugh. No way I will see at the Main Art Theater in Royal Oak. Just about the most uncomfortable seats you can imagine. I can make it through a 90 movie there, but Lawrence of Arabia.....

John Knowles

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I plan on seeing this at least once, more if it stays more than a week. My wife and I are 70mm junkies! :D Why else would I have paid $$$ to see Oklahoma, which I enjoyed for the first time, in a theater? Now if I can only convince them to get a print of My Fair Lady or perhaps the 70 print of Patton...

BrianV

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw this at the Ziegfeld in NYC the other day and was absolutely blown away. I'd only previously seen the remastered laserdisc and the DVD - seeing it on the big screen was quite an expereience. Can't recommend it enough..

Mary M S

Screenwriter
I forced my boyfriend (future husband) to go see this at a re-release years ago when we were dating. He thanked me after, ...This is a movie I rate as a have to see once in your lifetime in all it's glory.

If any of you are readers...go find...Seven Pillars of Wisdom by the great 'gone native' himself, (Lawrence).

Its wonderful, and insightful at this time.. into a society with very different cultural roots than ours.
It's what I call a 'mans' book....nary a female on any page.

Stacie

Stunt Coordinator
Saw a matinee yesterday (Sunday) in Minneapolis. Kudos to the Heights Theater -- they are a total class act. Nice presentation, and a nearly full house (and for once, a silent audience). It's nice to hear a few tunes on the theater organ before the show starts, as well.

This was my second time seeing Lawrence (first was on DVD), and I'm speechless. It looks just gorgeous in 70 mm. It makes it so easy to understand why Lawrence loves the desert so much.

I can safely say that this is now among my favorite films of all time. I just hope I can fit in a second showing before it leaves Minneapolis!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks