What's new

Law & Order franchise: Took one for the team, please do too (1 Viewer)

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, as a Law & Order phanatic, I went out and took one for the team. Today, I bought the premiere episodes of L&O:SVU and L&O:CI. At $14.99 for a 1 45 minute episode, I hope this blind loyalty (and stupidity) will convince Universal to release the rest of L&O in season sets.

Of course, the true bonus is since both discs also contain L&O's premiere episode, "Everyone's Favorite Bagman", I now have three copies of the episode (1st copy with L&O Season 1).

As I said, I went out and took one for the team. I urge others to do so too.

Britton

Screenwriter
I can see how getting these premiere episodes of the other spinoffs might help the cause of getting season sets of the other L&O seasons, but I won't be picking these up.

For one thing, I feel like that I already did my part by buying the 1st season when it was released. Secondly, I don't have any desire to own episodes from the spinoffs.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
At least they could have put different episodes besides the L&O pilot on each of the releases. It makes no sense.

Richard Ruffner

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a on and off fan of SVU, but bring on L&O: Criminal Intent! I'll be picking up these two discs, and already have season 1 of L&O Classic.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised anyone found these in-store. I'm not exactly a L&O fan, so I wasn't planning to buy them, but for TVShowsOnDVD and Weekly Roundup purposes I was curious to see the boxes. But no store I hit (and I hit a lot of them!) had them in-stock yet.

Which store had it?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I can't get to that account from work, and tonight is the wife's birthday, and as a present to her I'm staying off of HTF tonight.

Why not just post the answer here? Street date was yesterday, so there's no rule against mentioning it.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I saw both of these at Tower yesterday evening. "SVU" is my favorite "L&O" franchise, but I really want season sets. :frowning: But, as Mark said, I may decide to try to support this, hoping it leads to the set.

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
I found the L&O spinoff discs at Best Buy. They only had 2 copies of each.

On a side, but related note, Best Buy did not have any copies of Homidice:LOTS, and also had no plans to order it.

I know Dave and Gord have reported two more "best of"" Law and Order" sets, but I wish Universal would comment either "Yes, we plan on releasing season sets, we just don't know when" or "No, no season sets".

I wouldn't like to hear, "No", but not knowing to me is just as bad.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Interesting thing this morning about that report of the "collections". As of an update yesterday, the official materials on their network no longer lists those two items they had shown for the 8/26 date. I'm going to wait a short time to see whether this was a mistake (forgot to include on the updated list) or an actual cancellation announcement. IF it's the latter, I will post a news item at TVShowsOnDVD to that effect.

I think it's just an omission, and the releases are still on, but then again I'm a pessimist today. :D

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
For those who have missed it, Dave has posted on TVshowson DVD.com that Universal has officially cancelled the two "best of" collection of the original L&O.

I would like to think this is good news, in that they will just proceed with a Season 2 box set, but it could just mean that they intend to walk away from the show altogether.

Dave, next week, will you be able to find the sales numbers for the CI and SVU premiere ep discs ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks