What's new

"Laura" Blu-ray Release on February 5th! (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford /t/324734/laura-blu-ray-release-on-february-5th#post_3993729
We (HTF)... are meeting with Paramount today.
Crawdaddy

Cool. If you guys are able to get any clarity on how Paramount's distribution deal with Warner is structured that would be great. (The speculation from the wording of the press release is that Paramount still preps the disc assets but Warner handles final authoring and distribution, similar to the MGM/Fox setup).

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Brandon Conway said:
Cool. If you guys are able to get any clarity on how Paramount's distribution deal with Warner is structured that would be great. (The speculation from the wording of the press release is that Paramount still preps the disc assets but Warner handles final authoring and distribution, similar to the MGM/Fox setup).
Also the status on the two C.B. Demille movies hinted at last year: Samson and Delilah and The Greatest Show on Earth.

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
JoHud said:
Also the status on the two C.B. Demille movies hinted at last year: Samson and Delilah and The Greatest Show on Earth.
What an insult it would be to the memory of C B DeMille to have a studio other than Paramount release these films!
DeMille was a mainstay of Paramount for decades and was very loyal to the studio in many ways. The Greatest Show On Earth was his Oscar and possibly his proudest moment, with only the remake of The Ten Commandments being competitive.
Have we no sense of history anymore?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
JoHud said:
The first film is coming to BD in 2013 so I expect the same with the second one.
Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Brandon Conway said:
Paramount has final approval, I expect to see Shane and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence on BD in the next few years.
Crawdaddy

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford /t/324734/laura-blu-ray-release-on-february-5th#post_3993808
Paramount has final approval, I expect to see Shane and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence on BD in the next few years.
Crawdaddy

As we speculated. Thanks for the feedback!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
rsmithjr said:
What an insult it would be to the memory of C B DeMille to have a studio other than Paramount release these films!
DeMille was a mainstay of Paramount for decades and was very loyal to the studio in many ways. The Greatest Show On Earth was his Oscar and possibly his proudest moment, with only the remake of The Ten Commandments being competitive.
Have we no sense of history anymore?
Paramount is well aware of their history.
Crawdaddy

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I don't think they're going to be slapping WB logos all over DeMille films.
I think it will be like what you see with MGM titles - prominent MGM branding with one small Fox logo on the back and the design layout following the Fox template.
We will likely see Paramount logos and a small WB logo and the WB design layout - look at what was done with The Avengers - Paramount logos on a Buena Vista design layout as Disney owns the film but Par has the right to be credited with distribution.

Oliver Siegel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
Speaking of Paramount's oldies,any word on Stalag 17,The War of the Worlds,Duke's westerns (El Dorado,The Shootist etc) and Marathon Man?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Oliver Siegel said:
Speaking of Paramount's oldies,any word on Stalag 17,The War of the Worlds,Duke's westerns (El Dorado,The Shootist etc) and Marathon Man?
Looking very good for most of those titles. We saw some restored elements of TWOTW today at the Paramount Archives. Those Wayne titles didn't come up, though other Wayne titles were mention as being considered for 2013 and 2014.
Crawdaddy

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Oliver Siegel said:
It has not been announced officially yet, but we can expect Stalag 17 released by Warner Brothers in the near future.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Oliver Siegel said:
The Stalag 17 release may be as part of a double feature with The Dirty Dozen.

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
Interesting news about the consumer voting for Fox titles. I had some questions prepared for them but no one made a thread in the Hollywood 2012 Meet section so I'll just post them here; some would be great to see on Fox's new Filmmakers Signature Series.
Any Blu plans for:
Pre-1990
De Palma's Phantom of the Paradise and The Fury
Lumet's The Verdict
Scorsese's The King of Comedy
Murnau's Sunrise and City Girl
Hitchcock's Lifeboat
The original Flight of the Phoenix
The Blue Max
The Ox-Bow Incident
My Darling Clementine
Leave Her to Heaven
Hush... Hush, Sweet Charlotte
The Innocents
Fantastic Voyage
Willow
All That Jazz
The Driver
The Turning Point
The rest of the Rodgers & Hammerstein (The King and I, Carousel, State Fair, Oklahoma!)
Films shot in 70mm (Cleopatra, The Agony and the Ecstasy, Hello Dolly!, Can-Can, Star!, Doctor Dolittle)
Tyrone Power Adventure Films (The Mark of Zorro, Son of Fury, The Black Swan, Captain from Castile, Prince of Foxes, The Black Rose, King of the Khyber Rifles, Untamed)
Post-1990
Coens' Barton Fink
Cameron's True Lies & The Abyss
Bigelow's Strange Days
Volcano and Lake Placid (guilty pleasures :)
Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
A Good Year
Death Sentence
Titus & Garden State (should look great)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yesterday when Fox reps were talking about the upcoming votes for new releases, I noticed that among the posters they had up as part of the slide show: JESSE JAMES, PIN UP GIRL, and BOOMERANG.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
MattH. said:
Yesterday when Fox reps were talking about the upcoming votes for new releases, I noticed that among the posters they had up as part of the slide show: JESSE JAMES, PIN UP GIRL, and BOOMERANG.
Boomerang is in one of the Kazan BD box sets and looks very good in 1080p.
Crawdaddy

Oliver Siegel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
Thx for the feedback guys!
Have they said anything about bringing The Addams Family 1 & 2 and Witness to BD?Highly entertaining flicks and long overdue!

Oliver Siegel

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
Timothy E said:
The Stalag 17 release may be as part of a double feature with The Dirty Dozen.
Bummer.I'd prefer standalone release over double feature.Since it's coming from Warner,i'm still hoping for a 60th Anniversary digibook release.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Oliver Siegel said:
Bummer.I'd prefer standalone release over double feature.Since it's coming from Warner,i'm still hoping for a 60th Anniversary digibook release.
I prefer the double feature since Warner will be looking at doing some work on Dirty Dozen again with lossless audio.
Crawdaddy

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Robert Crawford said:
I prefer the double feature since Warner will be looking at doing some work on Dirty Dozen again with lossless audio.
Crawdaddy
I'm curious. Other than a few films and their direct sequels (usually horror or sci-fi), what films debuted on Blu-Ray as part of a double feature?
And in this case (Stalag 17 and The Dirty Dozen), what links these together. Sure they both take place during World War II. But one (TDD) is an action film, and one (S17) is more a suspense/drama with comedy. They don't share directors or cast.
David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks