What's new

latest superbit dvd's (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
^ Does anyone know how the transfers and audio on both Kramer Vs Kramer and Awakenings are, and how they hold up the the R1 editions?

Also, are the menu screens on these Japanese Superbits exclusively in English?

Does anyone have a caption or screen grab from a R3 Superbit they could post for me?

I've recently gotten really excited about import titles after coming accross some amazing looking sets, apart from various animated UK discs however, I've never dabbled in foreign and import DVD's so this is all new to me...

If anyone could post some details concerning the R3 Superbits that might be helpful in terms of how they relate to R1 discs in transfer and audio as well as on screen text, etc, it would be really appreciated!!

CraigL

Screenwriter
Most of the superbits mentioned in this thread are R2, not R3. The R3 superbits that I have (spidey, BHD) both have english menus.

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
R3 Superbits are about the same as R1 Superbits in quality. They both have silver slipcases. R2JAP Superbits only have japanese menus, white and gold coloured slipcases and they default to DTS. Japanese Superbit are not inferior to any other Superbits, just better looking. Kramer vs. Kramer and Awakenings has not been released yet, so you won´t find any reviews yet.

CDJAPAN

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Peter, so ALL R2 Superbits like Last Action Hero, Kramer Vs. Kramer, etc. have strictly Japanese menu screens?

R3 are English?

If so, do the same films exist in Superbit format in R2 as R3?

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
Yes, all Japanese Superbits only have Japanese menus. But it´s no problem to navigate and since it defaults to DTS you can just press play. R3 Superbits are more or less identical to R1.

Yes, some films are the same in R2 and R3. But R2Europe has pretty much the same Superbits as R1, but R2Japan has some Superbits that are exclusive to that region.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for all the info Peter!

Not that I can't use common sense to determine, but would somebody happen to have a screen grab from any R3 Superbit by chance? I'm just really curious to see exactly what the menu screens look like because I'm picky when it comes to that sort of thing but aminterested in a handfull of titles..

R3 Superbits btw, are generally licensed only in the Pacific so that North America would never see many of these available, correct?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thank you soo much Peter, I really appreciate your help!!!

So it appears that the on screen text is presented in English afterall... I guess I can go ahead and place orders for Last Action Hero, Awakenings, Kramer Vs. Kramer, etc.

Thanks again!!!

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
Yes, but Awakenings, Last Action Hero and Kramer vs. Kramer is R2JAP Superbits, not R3 Superbits as the menu screenshots are from, and Japanese Superbits only have menus in Japanese. R3 is Korean editions and R2JAP is Japanese editions. The R3 Superbits have Englishs menus. R3 has nothing to do with R2JAP. Hope I made it clear, otherwise just keep asking.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Woops!

Please excuse my incompetence...

:b

You wouldn't happen to have any menu captions from a R2 Superbit by chance than, if it's not much of an inconvenience, would you?

Sorry about that!

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
The Japanese menus are exactly the same as the R3 menus, "Play Movie, Audio Setup, Subtitles, Scene Selection", in that order. When you put the disc in, the movie starts directly and the DTS track is choosen. If you want to change anything, like audio or subtitles, it´s easier to do that with the remote instead of going back to the menus. So I don´t think Japanese menus should stop you from buying Japanese editions. It couldn´t be easier, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks