What's new

Late Show - In Danger? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I was listening to a radio gossip report from the Enquirer, so take this with a grain of salt folks.

Apparently Dave is thinking of quiting his show. With his health problems, and the recent news that his Shingles might eventually make him blind if it comes back often enough, he's thinking about leaving the Late Show. Also the death of his close friend didn't help matters much either.

Yet, his first show back, and the episode with doctor Phil actually beat Leno for the first time in a while, so hopefully that'll boost his emotions up a bit...

Anyone think there's any credit to this 'story'?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
No idea. Still, you've got to figure - he's in his fifties, has had basically the same job for twenty years, and has had some recent health scares. Wouldn't you consider moving on?

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
Move on to producing..
His production company Big Pants produces a number of shows.
Or he could reprise his role in a Cabin Boy II
"Hey Little girl would you like to buy a monkey?"

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
If he is going to leave the show, the least he could do is offer up his show once a week to a guest host to see who would click, and not to folks like most of these other guest hosts that he had over the past month who have no intention of seriously competing for the job. Although I think Vince Vauhgn could pull it off on a nightly basis.

Time to line up some new potential new blood. I think Dave would be up for this so he can leave a show legacy and not let Leno have the whole shibang once and for all if he does leave.

But I think the show is Jon Stewarts to lose when Dave exits..

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
and the recent news that his Shingles might eventually make him blind if it comes back often enough
OK, that's enough to let me know that this whole report is suspect.

1. Though shingles can recur, recurrences are extremely rare.

2. If an attack of shingles is promptly diagnosed (i.e., within the first 24 hours), it can be stopped dead in its tracks with antiviral drugs. (I speak from direct, personal experience.) The problem is that most cases aren't identified quickly enough. But anyone who's already had it would recognize it immediately.

M.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
If Dave leaves, let's see them give the show to Michael Essany.

Has anyone seen his show on E!? He's actually very good for a 20 year old kid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks