Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Michael Douglas.
Robert DeNiro.
Morgan Freeman.
Kevin Kline.

Four great, loveable actors who you really want to see do "good" work but sadly more often than not they deliver disappointing films. It's so sad to see actors you've watched for decades get to the later parts of their careers and quite often bad movies follow.

Thankfully that's not the case with LAST VEGAS, which really shocked me as it's a pretty good little gem that's full of nice laughs, good drama and a lot of charm. I'm not going to say this is going to be getting Oscar-nominations because it isn't but I really had a good time with the film. I thought all four of the male leads were in fine form and it's great seeing Douglas, DeNiro and Freeman get to show off their comic skills. Kline is a genius when it comes to laughs so thankfully putting all four together really paid off. Yes, a lot of the jokes are "old man jokes" but they're extremely funny at times and the four actors just have so much charm that you can't help but go along for the ride. There's a dramatic subplot, which is actually handled extremely well and comes across quite touching.

If you're a fan of any of the actors (or Mary Steenburgen who's great) then you should have a pretty good time.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Interestingly, I got invited to a preview screening of this, then a couple of days later got invited (by the same company) to *another* preview screening at a different local theater. I've never seen that before.

Sadly, I couldn't make it to either one.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For what it was, I enjoyed the chemistry between these 4 movie stars now in the over-the-hill age bracket, but they still act their faces off, and appeared to enjoyed their time together on this film.

So, if you're a fan of these guys, a matinee viewing will hit the spot.

I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks