What's new

Last time BIG mistake... (1 Viewer)

HDNutts2010

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Last time I did my own research and bout a 70" which had an incredible picture quality but had a lip sync issue, I returned the share and picked up the Panasonics Plasma 65" TC-P65VT60. Well now I'm looking again for a 75" class LED, with the best picture quality and no issues on lip sync etc. Money isn't the issue, I simply want the best or next to the best out there. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
LCD has lip sync issues. There are none that don't.Unless you turn off all the processing they need to make up for being LCD.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
"The best" is not available in a 75". Which means with your size requirement you are never going to find the quality you seek. You have two options, either go smaller:http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/sharp-elite-pro-60x5fd/4505-6482_7-35004013.htmlOr go front projection:http://www.projectorcentral.com/JVC-DLA-X900R.htmIf you are not satisfied with these current market offerings listed above I recommend you patent your invention of the next best thing. Since you snubbed your nose to one of the finest plasmas on the market I look forward to what you come up with :)

HDNutts2010

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I should have been a bit clearer.. I can't fit anything bigger the 70" in the space, I have a Sony 63" DLP now. It still looks good but dated, a bigger unit, showing a bit of age etc. I am not against a plasma in the 70" range but I can't find one.

HDNutts2010

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
OK so is there any particular model LCD/LED that is the best pick in the 70" size that's better than others for great video and the lest amount of audio lip-sync issues?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That's OK, latest prices on them are $18,000 and $24,000.

But he wants 70".

Seriously, to the OP.

Wait till after CES. Panny is dropping plasma. LG and Samsung are expanding OLED. Current UHD LCD is "already dead"(people that bought one are morons).

OLED is replacing(within 3 years) plasma and LCD. And will derail projector sales...and probably have them killed off in 5.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
schan1269 said:
OLED is replacing(within 3 years) plasma and LCD. And will derail projector sales...and probably have them killed off in 5.

Not unless they will be selling 100" + OLED TV's for $1500 or less.

HDNutts2010

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
OK so I just got back from looking at the 65" Sony 4K, Samsung 65" 4K and the Sharp 70" 4K. I took 2 Blu-ray DVD's with me, went into picture settings and changed them base on info I gather from online and had the sales guy hook up a player so I could test: "Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen" and "Iron Man 2". I wanted to test the rather than then 4K demo's they have . I thought the picture quality of the Sharpe was far and above the best of the three, but the lip sync issue was noticeable, the Samsung in my opinion had the least picture quality of the three, and the Sony was very good, close in picture quality to that of the Sharp. So I'm thinking the Sony just might be what I end up going with. They will also throw in the Sony 4K Ultra Media Play at no cost.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Most A/V receivers will let you adjust the sound delay so it'll be in sync with the picture. Why would you use the crappy TV speakers?

HDNutts2010

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Right I'd never use built in speakers of a TV. I only did what I did at the store to have the guy play a really DVD so that I could see about lip sync issues vs him playing the 4K demo that really has no audio/speaking etc. I know about the Lip sync option on receivers, a lot of what I read people were say you may need adjust each input each time, meaning adjust for Blu-ray and then adjust again for HDTV... not sure if that is true or not, but if I could simply adjust, tweak once and be done I'd be ok with dealing with the issue manually via the adjustment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks