What's new

Last of the Mohicans on bluray? (1 Viewer)

bobPON

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I finally broke down and bought an HD television and a bluray player. I now find out the one movie that I wanted in bluray isn't available. Does anyone know if The Last of the Mohicans will be out on bluray this year?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's not on any of the lists I check each week for any time this year, Bob.

Good luck with your new set up. Enjoy!

Robert George

Screenwriter
I have seen a list purportedly of part of Warner's planned Blu-ray release schedule for 2010 in Europe. Warner has distribution of Last of the Mohicans in Europe and it is listed for late next year. That obviously doesn't have any direct bearing on a US release as Fox owns this film in the US and they have not made any noise about this title over here.

I will also note that Warner distributes the original theatrical version of this film, not the so-called director's cut that was released on DVD by Fox in the US. Since if was Michael Mann that altered the theatrical version (hence the term "director's cut"), it is likely that will be the version that eventually gets released on Blu in the US. Some of us do still like, if not prefer, the theatrical version, so the Warner release will be of as much interest to some of us as any eventual US release from Fox. As this is one of my top ten "desert island" movies, I will no doubt have both if both get released.

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
Was the theatrical cut ever released on DVD in the States? I think I may have seen it back in the VHS days, and I watched some of it on Hulu recently to see the changes.

I can't wait to get this title on Blu-ray. Hopefully, they will seamlessly branch both cuts.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
Well it will look better on you new TV,and it might show up on TV ,like HDNet,(which those jerks at Time Warner took off
my system)

Mann is always doing new versions of his movies.I have 4 versions of manhunter,and am not sure which one is the BR version.
also for those looking to buy the Best Buy Blue Ray of PE for the bonus dvd,don't woory about that bonus dvd ,its lame
re-edit of stuff on the Blue Ray,

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
Has anyone seen any advance reviews yet of the new blu-ray director's cut of Last of the Mohicans?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by PaulaJ

Has anyone seen any advance reviews yet of the new blu-ray director's cut of Last of the Mohicans?

I am expecting the review copy some time this week, but Fox typically gives very little lead time.

moviegeek123

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh Katz
This is the only review up that I've seen so far:

http://culturemob.com/blog/blu-ray-review-the-last-of-the-mohicans-–-definitive-director’s-cut

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I just got the blu-ray edition. I was glad to see that the Clannad song, I Will Find You is on this edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks