What's new

Last Comic Standing?? (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Dat had a special on Comedy Central from winnning it. Last time I saw him was when he appeared in this year's Super Bowl pre-show.

I haven't seen anything from Heffron or Alonzo since they won, besides appearing on talk shows shortly thereafter.

Ralphie May was on Leno recently and had some new, funny material.

Ant was also on Leno and is hosting some kind of reality show. As an interviewee, he told the same gay jokes.

~T

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Dat's special had all the same jokes that we heard during the show. I didn't recall a single new one.

I saw that interview with Ant. It was horrible. He just did his routine while sitting down. The worst part was Sandra Bullock laughing it up along side of him.

I doubt NBC will fullfil any of the 'sitcom' deals. They have appeared to wash their hands of the entire series.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Being a fan of Rich Vos. I was surprised to see he was doing a small comedy club near me in Point Pleasant NJ last night. So my wife and I went to see him. He was there with his fiance Bonnie McFarland...yes, the blond girl from season 2. She performed before him. She wasn't listed as performing, so it must have been a last minute thing. She was ok. But, when Vos came on. He performed for over an hour and was great. He was sharp and had the audience rolling. He complained that if he had won LCS...he wouldn't have to perform in a comedy club in Point Pleasant. I am still amazed how he lost to Dat Phan. My nephew saw Dat at his college a few months ago and said all he did was mom jokes. Vos, did stuff I didn't hear in any of his LCS routines. What I loved about his routine..was his ability to adlib with some of the audience.

-On a side note. He did say he & Bonnie have taped a pilot for tv this fall. Hopefully, it will be aired.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I never liked Vos.

I saw Alonzo's Comedy Central special a few weeks ago. About half of it was old material, but overall he was really funny.

~T

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have seen Jay London, Rich Vos, Bonnie McFarland, Gary Gulman and Cory Kahane live. And this is the ranking for how good they were:

-Vos
-Gulman
-Kahane
-London (I was surprised he wasn't funnier)
-McFarland

I saw Gulman, London and Kahane at one time in a club. It was supposed to have been Bouden. But, he got a gig on the Tonight Show at the last minute and the club got Kahane to fill in.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Vos doesn't do anything for me either. And thus we enter the subjective world of comedy and, "What is funny?" I rooted for Dat Phan. Should I duck now? ;)

I have no problem seeing that Rich might be the "better" comedian, but if you've never seen any of them before, Dat was funnier to me. I think what many watching the show didn't like was having to see the same narrow Dat routines over and over.

I liken it to appreciation of Arnold Schwarzenegger (sp). Nobody confuses him with being a better actor than, say, Edward Norton, but which one has opened movies bigger? The same goes for music. Pop music far outsells classical. Not because pop artists are more talented than classical artists, but because they can deliver something basic that resonates with a larger audience. I think Dat played on his stereotypes as well as Alonzo (and many other blacks) play on theirs. Margaret Cho, on the other hand, I can't stomach.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
We saw John Hefron last month at the Improv and he was hilarious. Only a couple routines I saw on LCS (IIRC) were rehashed and one of which was an audience request. The other one was the orange scissors routine with the dingleberries.:laugh:

He even hung out after the show in the lobby for a while. Seems like a really nice guy.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I'm blanking on his name but the Neanderthal looking guy that always said "thank you" was on "Minding the Store" with Pauly Shore. He was one of the comics asked to come and write material for the hot girls. :D

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I'm blanking on his name but the Neanderthal looking guy that always said "thank you" was on "Minding the Store" with Pauly Shore. He was one of the comics asked to come and write material for the hot girls
That was Jay London. Saw him. He was funny..but, not great. I have a pic with him somewhere.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
There must have been something unique about the exposure, and possible winnings, associated with being on Network TV. Otherwise, I don't know why the series didn't continue on Comedy Central, which would seem to be the natural place for it to begin with. I didn't necessarily like the Reality TV aspect of it (alliances, etc.) but I did like the fellow comics voting on who is the weakest, and then the weakest being able to say, "Oh yeah, well bring it on." I can only surmise either NBC owns the concept or the producers didn't think it was worth it, perhaps because the top comics wouldn't subject themselves to it, without the network package.

Another one bites the dust.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks