What's new

Last Comic Standing Season 4 (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
There was no standout like last week, but I think Chris was the best this time.

Ty's material wasn't as good as last week.

Josh improved a lot. I was surprised by some of his material.

This was the first time I thought Michelle was pretty good.

~T

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Ty's material may not be as good as last week, but his delivery remains spot on. Although I've had my biggest laughs from Chris, I'd say he and Ty are running neck and neck at this point. I'd have picked Josh or Michelle to go home, and looks like Michelle was in the bottom 2 with Roz. Preliminary results must not hold up very well. I don't understand the point of releasing them.

Chris in the bottom 2?

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I think they are trying to avoid the American Idol problem where some fan favorites get eliminated early because the fans think they are safe and don't vote. Rock Star does the same thing.

~T

NolanJ

Second Unit
I wasn't impressed with Chris' set. I think Michelle should go home based on the performances from last night.

If Roz didn't scream during her whole set I think she would have lasted longer.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Please, never bring Gary Gulman back to do 5 minutes on this show.

Ty is not in-yo-face-funny, he's a bit more sly-funny, sometimes it works, sometimes it bores. I don't know how he'd do in a TV-development deal, but I have no qualms about how either Josh or Chris would do because I think they are TV-friendly personas (meaning I would watch them just to see what they say or do next). Michelle could be a decent supporting cast member on a TV show, but couldn't anchor a show as a lead character.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
I thought Ty's performance last night was his best so far, but in my view he still only ranks a far-distant 3rd place behind Chris and Josh.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Interestingly, I think the favorites (Josh, Chris) may have benefited from favorable ship board editing and better performances early on. When I watched the show last night with some people who never saw it before, they found them just okay. Josh's handicap certianly makes him easy to root for, but to the unfamiliar, an entire five minutes on handicap soccer did not score.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I like Gary but he bombed big time! Has that material worked elsewhere for him or something? I kept waiting for something funny for the role playing bit, but he just kept on talking and talking and it went nowhere.

~T

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I thought it was hilarious as he got more and more "into" his "role" and it became more and more obvious that he had no interest in sex with his role-playing partner. He probably should have picked some material that was less elaborate and punchier for a

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Also have to say Gary was awful. And I liked him on his season. His jokes went on and on and never seemed to have a punchline. His delivery has gotten more obnoxious too, guess that is from hanging around with Dane Cook.

As for the show, is it just me or was it better in previous seasons, where they spent more time in the house? It seems like they rushed through it, only a couple episodes that way, getting rid of too many each week, and now it is just the showcase. While those are good, you got to know them a bit more through the challenges and interactions with the other comics.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I only enjoyed season 1 for the house stuff. I'm enjoying seeing a lot more standup from the contestants. If I remember from season 1, it was possible for a contestant who made it to the house to perform only one act, during the finale, to win the show.

~T

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think Roz was the right person to send home. And I think Michelle is the right person to send home this week.
Glad Anthony Clark acknowledged the peliminary results screw-up from last week.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
I thought Michelle would go, even though she was not the worse performer last week. It is still unnerving when the host looks more scared then the two comics on the chopping block. When Anthony ran onto the stage during the opening, I can only assume it was the result of the working end a cattle prod held by a stage hand.

The remaining three seemed much better tonight, with Josh giving a much better performance. Chris's focus on drugs may not play as well as anticipated and Ty once again had very good material, although he did not seem as sharp tonight.

Tough call, but I though Chris was the bottom comic tonight and his haggard look and overdone drug focus burned me out tonight.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
Josh definitely was on tonight. He made me laugh several times in his set.

Ty was good, but it seemed like he had to end at a strange point due to the five minutes.

I still like Chris, but I agree that the drug focus this time will not make him a very popular choice. It seems like he would be better to see doing an entire 30-60 minute set than the five-minute blocks we get on the show.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Ty was the worst but not by much, and I'm not sure if I liked Chris or Josh better. Pretty even.

I think Chris will be gone next week. I agree that his drug focus is a turn off for some viewers.

What was bleeped out when Josh was telling the sunblock lotion joke?

~T

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I thought Josh and Ty were on. Chris stays on the same subject way past the punchline, and as a result he doesn't cover as much as the other two comics. I'm rooting for Josh to win.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I was pleasantly surprised at Caroline's performance. I didn't realize she was a stand up comedian. She was much much much better than that weird dude. Boy did he bomb. Where did they dig him up? Is he a professional?

As far as contestants go, I still prefer Chris's style to the others. Josh is uncomfortable to watch, and I guess Ty's stuff is sort of plain. The lazy eye thing just was't that funny to me. Somthing about his timing seems off.

It looks like Josh will win this thing. It is unfair, but that is the way society is. Guess I can't blame him for using what he's got.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Scott, you may want to clarify the info in your signature a bit.

HD DVD is 15G single layer and 30G dual layer, AND the 30G variety is the norm. BD is 25G single layer and 50G dual layer, BUT the dual layer is currently not being used at all. We can all hope it will become easy to manufacture so it it eventually becomes the norm for BD, but who knows what will actually happen (while this is only speculation, it's not even an unrealistic possibility that BD will wind up using BD25 for most movies and only using BD50 sparingly, which would not be ideal).

Of course you're free to push whatever agenda you want in your sig, but at HTF I prefer to see to see the most accurate, real word information as possible when it comes to these things.

And to keep this on topic (sorry), I think Chris and Ty are the best two. While I like Josh, he just isn't that funny.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi

His timing was off for that because he was laughing at it himself and the audience was already laughing before the punchline.

I didn't like Caroline Rhea's performance.

The other guy was from season 2. He has great one liners, but his acts gets old fast.

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks