What's new

Last Comic Standing 3 (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Kathleen Madigan is much much better in a club, with a relaxed pace. These 2-minute drills in front of a theater crowd is not for her.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
I voted for Gary this week. He and Alonzo are great roasters. Rich Vos was funny too though, as much as I hate to say it.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Your absolutely right, the two minute format did not help Kathleen Madigan at all. The second seaon screwed her also because she did not do any of her stand up except in the begining of the show to get into the house, which was bits and pieces and then the show at the end where she got booted. I wish she would of had time to show a longer set and let people see how good she really is.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
From that link:

quote:"That's why I don't have respect for audiences that laugh at 'Remember when you were a kid?' jokes. ... Let's move on, let's try something new," he said.

Riiiiight, like being fat and doing nothing but fat jokes and the same ghetto jokes over and over is something new.
rolleyes.gif
At least the 'remember when you were a kid' jokes make me laugh.

Ralphie May, just another classless act that will show up on VH1's "where are they now" special.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
"Supperman?" Are you kidding me? Talk about not trying something new! He is obviously making fun of John Heffron who on his worst night would have a better set than Ralphie. At least John talks about different subjects, not relying on his apperance and where he "grew-up" every chance he gets. Last Comic Standing is a great show and Jay Mohr said it best when he said "This show is giving a lot of really good comedians the chance they deserve." Ralphie lost all respect with those comments.

Ryan

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Dave was by far the funniest.

Alonzo was the second funniest.

John bombed.

Rich's delivery was awful.

Who will be the winner? Alonzo.

~T

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Something was wrong with Rich's delivery, but the content of his jokes made me laugh:

"Mom, Daddy's lying... now we see why you left him."

Alonzo was Alonzo. I can't vote for Rich over Alonzo, especially since I've never really liked Rich. Rich has won me over, but I'm not voting for him over Alonzo.

I agree John was off tonight. Shame. I remember thinking "He does realize this is for all the marbles, right?!"

Dave isn't "funniest" material for me. Funny, yes. Funniest? In my book, he doesn't hold a candle to Alonzo and John when they're on.

Still, I realize each performance is supposed to stand on its own. I realize I'm probably in a minority, but if I voted just on that (and I wouldn't), I'd go with Rich. Taking into account performances over the course of the show, I'd go with Alonzo.

Lee Davies

Agent
I can't believe Todd Glass lost!!! He was by far always the funniest.

Anyone who'd like to see a sitcom starring Todd Glass (okay with Gary Gulman) go to the Studios & Mfr. and post at that thread.

See you there??

LEE.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
quote:May says comedy isn't always about getting the laughs, it's about pushing the boundaries and moving stand-up forward.

Comedy is first and foremost about laughs. Pushing boundaries and all that other stuff is great if you can do it, but the ones that do, the true greats, do it while making people laugh. George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Lenny Bruce... does Ralphie Mae think he's gonna be in their league? Sorry, bro, dissing Mexicans and smashing the mic ain't gonna do it.

I like Heffron, but he stunk last night. Alonzo is now the only comic from both seasons that killed everytime he picked up a mic.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
John, John, John
frown.gif
That was the worst set he's had since the show started. Did he go with all new material for the finale?

I liked Alonzo or Rich from last night they both had good material and good sets, Rich's delivery was definitely off though.

I have never liked Dave that much but he does have a few jokes that kill me.

And Ralphie, I have lost what little respect Ive had for this guy. Half of his act is somewhat funny and the other half is pathetic as all hell.He should be slapped for making those comments, like said above I had never heard of him before this show. I see alot of comics and knew quite a few of the comics before last comic standing. I also know alot of funnier comics than him that could of probably used the big break. He should be gratefull for the exposure to a larger audience.

Gary was one of the funniest guys to be kicked out too. I hated to see him go.

Aside from the show has anyone seen Dane Cook ? Im sure alot of you have but if not go check him out, he is one of the funniest guys out right now. He's been out for some time and done a few bad shows and a movie with Dennis Rodman. His newest CD is funny as hell from start to finsh go get it.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I think John's material was new for the show but I had heard some of it before.

I love Dane Cook.

~T

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Dane Cook is great. "LICK MY BACK!!"

We had a real competition between four incredibly funny comedians. My vote went to Mr Dave Mordal because he had the best set last night and he got screwed last year by some idiot audience that actually thought Dat was funnier than him.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I voted for Alonzo. Never found John's "everyday" humor that funny. He and Alonzo are on opposite ends of the "safe humor" spectrum -- I appreciate Alonzo's riskier humor.

With the falling ratings, though, this whole show feels like it's just on its last whimper and NBC can't wait to put on that weight loss reality show.

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
Looks like the shows been canceled and NBC will not be running the last episode.

From www.jaymohr.com

quote:From Jay

Last Comic Standing is cancelled!!! This is shocking news to me too. I woke up on Wednesday morning and recieved the news. NBC was not happy with the rating of the show and decided to pull the plug. Keep in mind there is only one episode left and on that episode we were going to ANNOUNCE THE WINNER! Amazing. Why would a network cancel a show with only one episode left? There is some back history that makes this more ridiculous. As Last Comic Standing 2 was wrapping up this summer, the network told us that they wanted a "hybrid version" of Last Comic to put on the fall schedule. They said that they simply didn't have enough shows for the fall slate and needed a quick fix. My partner Peter Engel as well as other producers like Barry Katz, Cori Fry, K.P. Anderson and my self thought that this was a bad idea. We argued that having a seperate version of Last Comic so soon after season 2 concluded would burn the audience out and damage the franchise. Well the network insisted we move forward and we came up with "LCS Battle of thge Best". Season 1 versus season 2 for a prize of 250 thosand bucks. (It seems like Fox hands out a million dollar prizes on its reality shows like its lunch). Last Comic Standing The Battle Of The Best hit the airwaves in the fall and guess what? The ratings were down. The ratings stayed pretty consistent all season with around eight million viewers but that didn't stop NBC from hitting the panic button. The biggest question I have is why would you wait until the final episode to pull the plug. I feel terrible for the comics. We had a great final four with Alonzo Bodden, Rich Vos, Dave Mordal (my favorite) and John Heffron. These four comics are not involved with network bussines or standards and practices but it is they who will suffer the most from this terrible decision by The Nation Broadcasting Company. I have to stop typing now because I have to go TiVo Father Of The Pride.

www.nbc.com schedule shows a "Father of the Pride" marathon on Tuesday followed by Scrubs.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Does this mean they won't have to pay the would-be winner the 250 grand? If so, what a cheap move, NBC.
thumbsdown.gif

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I'm just curious if the winner will be announced whether it airs or not. I'm sure the folks that did watch the show want to know who won.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks