What's new

Last Comic Standing 3 (1 Viewer)

Bryan_O

Agent
Paul, it's not only you. My wife and I both are getting pretty bored on the season 3. I think they may have overloaded us, with a summer series that simply won't end. However, I'm also looking forward to season 4 next summer.

Also, I got to see Corey Holcomb live last weekend. He was funny, he didn't kill, but he was funny. There was some new material, but alot of it was recycled from the show. It was kind of funny (funny odd, not funny ha ha) to see him do a set for 45 minutes, after seeing his 2-minute made-for-TV sets.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I lived for season 1 and 2, but with season 3 I have missed at least 2 episodes, or waited to hear the results. They really should of waited a little bit. Ralphie May Jay London are just terrible now. I mean they have their momements, but I just not not stand it. It is not politically incorrect, it is ignorant. Saying people from different countries are Mexican, wow. "Mexicans didn't invent lowriders, that was a 4 fat guys..." wow, ha ha. Here, I just thought of a joke, "White people did not invent hot-air ballons, 4 people with buleima just held hands under a tarp..." ehh.

Ryan

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

Are you sure about that? It sounds to me like he is one that the crowd goes nuts over when he is introduced. I don't know if there has been a comic before that can make two words hilarious...

Thank you
:laugh:

Chris

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I know the audience loves him, but if that translated to the viewing public, he wouldn't have lost to Gary.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I'm extremely happy with the results of tonight's show! I have been waiting all season to see Dave Mordal moving on and Dat Phan being eliminated. :emoji_thumbsup:

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Just got caught up with last week's and this week's episode. A big, fat 'ugh' to Ralphie May's "poignant" jokes last week. It was like Carlos Mencia without the funny or insight.

Tonite's episode was fairly entertaining though. The roast was awesome from Rich and everyone from season 2's side. I loved Gary's set the most, but I think he suffered from the same problem as the last roast, of not focusing enough time on Jay Mohr. Most likely Rich Voss will move on from season 1 and Alonzo Bodden (who didn't do the best tonite, but is undoubtedly the crowd favorite) will go up from season 2. My prediction is the end will be a showdown between Voss and Heffron, leaving John Heffron crowned the funniest whatever comedian in America yet again.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I really enjoyed tonight's episode.

I was surprised by how funny Tess was during her first half.

Alonzo was disappointing.

Gary did pretty well. I liked what he had to say to Dat.

Rich, Geoff and Todd weren't funny.

Triumph was great and so was Jay.

It's nice to see Dave move on to the finals.

I think Gary and Tess will move on.

~T

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
FINALLY!! The home viewer voting works!

Some great roasting tonight though. I was LOL quite a bit. I noticed that a few comics didn't know when to stop though.

Comedy rule #1: When you get a huge laugh and you still have another part of the joke, just forget it. End the act or move on.

Both Tess and Gary didn't do that and you could watch that 'laugh-o-meter' fall down to zero with each following joke.

Going with Rich and Alonzo to move on.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Last night's Roast was just what we needed to bring back the show. That Triumph joke about Ralphie needing to look like someone thinner, like Louie Anderson was beautiful. "

Tess on Jay Mohr (the roasted) "Really Jay, your a very funny and talented comedian... if you do not believe me, just ask yourself."

I loved seeing Ralphie get so mad when people were making fun of him, it was just great. When he would wobble his head acting like other's jokes were terrible, it was so funny. Triumph, Gary, Tess and Jay MOHR, not London, stole the show.

Ryan

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Great episode, and I never even saw Jerry Maguire.

I absolutely loved Todd Glass yet again. Didn't like him at the start of last season, but am a fan now. I was laughing hysterically when he just ran through the list of things he doesn't like about Jay Mohr. I'm sure I'm probably alone on this and I don't care.

Triumph pimping his DVD was awesome. My favorite quip: "If Rich Voss was anymore rat-faced, Dat Phan would eat him." Pay attention, Ralphie, that is good racial humor, not calling everyone Mexican. I'm so glad he got kicked off.

Geoff Brown was awful. Tess was better than I expected.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Triumph ripped into Tess and I LOVED IT.

Gary has never been my favorite (he scored major points when he beat ANT) but he was king last night. Easily the best jokes were when he was saying how Dat's act revolves around his accent and his mom because it's absolutely true.

Tess, like Terre, shouldn't have made it into the final ten last season and it'll be a crime if she moves on.

Vos was mean... and REALLY funny. He hooked up with Bonnie? I thought she said she'd rather be homeless than spend the night at his house.
biggrin.gif

Alonzo was better during the London roast but he's still the best from season two that performed.

Todd... my god what a voice. His list was genius "Your Christopher Walken isn't getting any sharper"

Geoff was really off last night.

If Alonzo and Vos join Heffron and Dave in the final four, we have an awesome competition on our hands.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
quote:I'm sure I'm probably alone on this and I don't care.

Nah, I'm definitely in the same boat with you on this one. Glass killed last night. I almost lost it when he got to the part on the list saying "nobody respects you".
biggrin.gif

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Why was next week's show touted as "the finale"? (In the ad that ran during the show.) Wouldn't the remaining 4 perform next week, probably whittle it to 2, then the winner? That's like 3 more shows, isn't it?

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
quote:Vos was mean... and REALLY funny. He hooked up with Bonnie?

I believe she is with Jeffrey Ross (the roast master) now. Didn't hear that she hooked up with Vos too but I wouldn't doubt it. It was pretty funny to hear Jay rip on her though. "Ross has been doing comedy for 20 years. Bonnie has been doing comedians for 10."
biggrin.gif

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Geoff got out to a shaky start and then went downhill. Shockingly bad.

I though Gary did the best job, was the most consistently funny, and will go on to the final four. Alonzo was just OK. I did think Todd's list was hilarious, but the intro and outro "songs" ruined it. Just painful and partly unintelligible.

Tess was OK, as well -- she had some good stuff but it was marred by weird pacing. At times it sounded like she reading off of her index cards and lost her place.

I though Rich was actually pretty weak, and the lack of audience response bodes ill. I'm going to go with Tess here, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rich goes, only because there's little competition here.

I was surprised although glad to see Dat Phan go. I was really glad to see Ralphie go -- I just hate his act, his delivery, and his voice. He does sound like he swallowed Wanda Sykes! And I can't stand her either.

And a little Triumph goes a long way. A lot of Triumph is... AWESOME. Smigel is a genius.

BTW, Ross was so low energy and uneventful that I forgot he was on the show.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
What's up with Ralphie? I thought I read after the first season he was getting bypass surgery to lose weight. Apparently not. Imagine if he had come back for season 3 weighing 100-200 lbs less.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I am disapointed that Kathleen Madigan is gone now, I think she is one of the funniest female comics out there today. I have seen her stand up several times before she appeared on Last Comic Standing and she kills every time. I am surprised that Dave made it through to the final four, he is not that funny IMO. Dat fan was the one that should have gone out of those three. Rich Voss I hope will move on to boot dave next week from season one. I love John Hefferon and several more from season two, I wish they would drop all from season one and just battle it out within season two again. There is just a better caliber of comedian in that group than in season one.

Once again Triumph is the frickin man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks