What's new

Last Comic Standing 3 (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The premiere is on tonight. From what I've heard, this season will be nothing but stand-up.

~T

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
While that somewhat comforts me, I still feel, and let me know if you're with me on this one, that less than half of the 20 "comedians" really deserve to bear that title. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but since it's basically the best comic who will win... since all the people from season 1 pretty much sucked, won't it just be John Heffron again? :) LCS Season 4 better get a bunch of fresh new faces, change up the challenges to be, I dunnno, mebbe a lil more comedy-oriented, and fix whatever the hell is up with the biased scouting for the final 10 to get into the house.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
If you look at the comics that are coming back, the only one missing is Bonnie McFarlane. Instead of her they just have a question mark. Wonder why she didn't want to come back and who will take her place.

Brian_H

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know who they'll replace Bonnie with, but I hope it's Jim Norton.

As for the comics from season 1, I'm really looking forward to Rich Vos and Dave Mordal. IMO, they completely blow both Dat and Ralphie away, and it's a shame they didn't make it farther.

As a side note I saw Alonzo, Gary, and Jay at the Improv in Pittsburgh on Friday and, I have to say, they are MUCH funnier in person and all 3 are really nice guys. Alonzo was the only one who said anything about the new season, just that it started tonight.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Thanks for letting me know that. I am going to see the 3 of them at the end of November.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Just for your information, I think Jessica Kirson stole the basis of her Yoga joke from Brian Regan. :angry:

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I felt pretty bad for him. I don't like him as a comic but my hats off to him for still getting up there for his father. That took a lot of strength.

On a lighter note, Heffron's set had me laughing hard. He always seems to come out with stuff that relates exactly to me. :b

Jessica on the other hand can leave now. Can't believe they chose her to fill in the 10th spot. The last person to successfully pull off 'funny face' comedy was Jim Carey.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I feel really sorry for good ol' Ralphie. It takes a lot of guts to get up there and perform when dealing with the death of a loved one.

My favorite of the night was, of course, Dave Mordal's. :laugh:

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Mordal's was classic. :D Also loved Alonzo's. Loved that he did a set that was written about current events. That gymastics bit was great. Plus who doesn't like to hear about women's beach volleyball? :D

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Jason, I must say that while Dave Mordal is awesome on the show, he's even funnier when you see him perform live and uncensored. I had the pleasure of seeing him do a show with Emo Philips and Tim Slagle in Minneapolis last year, and Dave was much funnier and cussed a lot more than he did on LCS. I was nearly dead by the end of his 45 minute or so set, that's how much I laughed. My memory is sketchy, but I do think he used that electric car joke at the live performance I was at.

Yeah, Alonzo was awesome too. And yes, you gotta love Women's Beach Volleyball! :D

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I liked Mordal, Ralphie, and Heffron the most tonight.

I think Corey or Jessica is going to be eliminated.

~T

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
If Jessica DOES NOT get eliminated, then I will be pissed.

MOMMY! MOMMY! MOMMMY! MOMMY! MOMMY! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Did they just pick somebody that they wanted to be eliminated right away? To paraphrase from her act "GET HER OFF THE SHOW!"
Why couldn't they pick from talented people like Monty or Naturman? Tom Cotter's wife and Marina were OK but that was a slim list to pick from. Maybe the producers didn't want it to be unfair so they had Season Two choose from lesser comics and a woman who calls herself a comic but just screams and makes stupid faces.

Alonzo, John and Vos were great last night. Unfortunately I missed Todd's set. My God it was good to have Dave Mordal on my TV again!

My thoughts go to Ralphie and his family.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I didn't really like anyone tonight, but Kathleen or Geoff was the best.

I think the blonde girl (whom I think is the worst of both seasons) and Cory will be eliminated.

Dat needs to realize that he's telling jokes to the audience at home, most of whom saw him during the first season. He shouldn't use any old jokes at all.

~T

Tom Keels

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe Dat told the exact same jokes as he did on the first season, where he told the exact same jokes the whole season. The swiftboat joke at the end was just painful. He truly is untalented. Anyone who has to work that hard to be funny (eg charts and graphs) needs to realize that they don't have what it takes.

Other than Vos and Mordal, no one from the first season has been funny.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Got around to watching both episodes. Overall, I repeal a lot of my statements I've made. I had forgotten how naturally funny I found Voss and Mordal to be in the first season. Still don't think too much of Ralphie, but what he did the first nite was tough, and pretty much funnier than Tess, Tammy, the guys from season 1, etc. I found Heffron's video game material to be top notch, and I like him much more now than in Season 2. Best line from him the first episode was when they were in the warroom, and he says to Jessica Kirsuck "Hey newbie, you get to speak when we let you." As far as her stealing the material from Brian Regan, it could just be a coincidence, as I found Gary Gulman's joke about God creating the walrus to be very similar, and just as funny, as Jim Gaffigan's bit of God making the manatee. Of course, no way in hell is Jessica Kirson the same caliber with Brian Regan, or any of the other comedians at delivering any similar jokes. If only Bonnie's spot was replaced with Jim Norton, this would an even better season. =)

Brian_H

Stunt Coordinator
I can't wait until the numbers dwindle a little and (hopefully) they give each comic more than 2 minutes. Some of these comics do much better when they have a little time, and all that have performed so far have felt rushed.

For instance, Gary's Spider-Man 2 bit was about 5 minutes long when I saw him live, plus he tied it in with some great stuff about him wanting to be Batman.

Hopefully America wises up and allows Rich and Dave to go far. Luckily I think Gary, Alonzo, and John are pretty much locked for at least a few episodes since they just got done with the last season, are consistently funny, and, unlike a lot of others, do not use the same material in every set. This will be the big test of their talents. The comics with the most material that is actually funny will win. It's much harder than doing a set every couple of weeks and having the audience in the theater decide.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who lost it during Todd Glass' set? Something about it was hysterical. The more I see him, the more I like him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks