What's new

Last Comic Standing 2004 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
All three were quite good last night, and I would have been happy with any of them winning. Ralphie's "bow-down" set was the worst thing I have ever seen. I would of paid to see Buck Starr instead of seeing Ralphie for FREE. That is how much I thought it sucked. His reverse racist jokes on white people, fat people and everyone else really upsets my stomach. He like Dat reused half the set from last year.

Dat was at the top of his game last night, he is really getting better. His timing of "call me" was great - I loved how he incorporated thoughout his act.

I hope Todd Glass wins LCS4.

Ryan

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
I voted for Gary, though I knew Alonzo or John would win, so it's not big deal. I dont' even know how LCS season 3 will work because anyone from the house this year can take last year's house members, no problem at all. It could've been a better season if they had let in the people who deserved to be there, like Dan Naturman and maybe even Pablo Francisco.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
quote:Dan Naturman and maybe even Pablo Francisco.

I completly agree with you on that. When a Jay London or Corey Holcomb (sorry, but not as good as them) makes it in the house of someone like Pablo - it just makes me sick. I hope the next few seasons are not rigged - but alas, I will still watch.

Ryan

no will-power.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
quote:Sure, in that context they are similiar, but they are polar opposites in just about everything else. John doesn't repeat his jokes often, Dat does. John is very funny, Dat isn't. John's jokes are on a huge variety of subjects, Dat's aren't. I could go on forever about how different they are.

I saw John on The Tonight Show last night, and probably more than half of his stand-up act was reused. I was fine with that, but what was really bad was during his interview when everything he said was from his acts. I do appreciate that he didn't reuse material during Last Comic Standing.

Most of the people who voted in America found John and Dat funny enough to win in their respective seasons.

I don't think I would say John covers a lot more subjects than Dat. I think it's just that Dat's subjects have an Asian flavor added to them so it seems as though he's talking about the same things.

~T

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Another thing, I find that both of them can be irritating with their voices at times.

~T

Brian_H

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking forward to LCS3, but I really wish they'd change things up a bit as far as how the head-to-heads are handled.

I say change it so each and every head-to-head is voted on by phone and internet voting, with the competitions each week airing live. This will immediately eliminate my biggest problem with the show... comics that don't have enough material making it farther than they should. Force them to use something different each time they perform and you'll quickly see who the best comics are.

On another note, I would pay good money to see a house with Dave Mordal, Rich Vos, Todd Glass, Corey Holcomb, bring back Jim Norton, and maybe Gary Goldman for good measure along with... Dat Phan and Ant.

I could see Dat and Ant crying themselves to sleep every night in that house.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
While I like Pablo Francisco, too, I think you guys give him a bit too much credit.

If you heard his last appearance on the Opie & Anthony radio show, you'd know how annoying and stupid he could be if he's not "on." And he definitely repeats a lot of material. His performances to qualify for LCS were focused on his vocal talents and maybe those who don't know him just saw him as a bit too gimmicky. I can understand that.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
quote:I say change it so each and every head-to-head is voted on by phone and internet voting, with the competitions each week airing live.Actually, I heard a rumor that the format of the show will be like what you suggested. We can only hope so!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks