What's new

Larry Sanders - Columbia wants to know your favorites (1 Viewer)

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I voted for my favorite five. I hate to settle for a "best of" too, but I don't see how rejecting one makes season sets more likely. I will certainly buy the full series if it is ever released, but at this point I'll buy whatever they'll sell. I even bought the Larry Sanders book the week it came out. A month later every bookstore seemed to have a hundred copies marked down to three or four bucks.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I voted for my favorite five. I hate to settle for a "best of" too, but I don't see how rejecting one makes season sets more likely. I will certainly buy the full series if it is ever released, but at this point I'll buy whatever they'll sell. I even bought the Larry Sanders book the week it came out. A month later every bookstore seemed to have a hundred copies marked down to three or four bucks.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
If you all stay away from the Best Ofs, then Larry Sanders is doomed. If the Best Of sets get an overwhelming response, they just might see how much people want this show and release the rest of the complete season sets (they should really revisit Season One too and do it right). If you shun the Best Of sets as a matter of principle, then you're guaranteeing that we'll never see another season of Larry Sanders ever again.

Carlos, if too many others like you stay away from Season One sets, which I can hardly blame you, the studios will figure there isn't enough demand for the show and stop releasing it a la NYPD Blue. It's a Catch-22.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
If you all stay away from the Best Ofs, then Larry Sanders is doomed. If the Best Of sets get an overwhelming response, they just might see how much people want this show and release the rest of the complete season sets (they should really revisit Season One too and do it right). If you shun the Best Of sets as a matter of principle, then you're guaranteeing that we'll never see another season of Larry Sanders ever again.

Carlos, if too many others like you stay away from Season One sets, which I can hardly blame you, the studios will figure there isn't enough demand for the show and stop releasing it a la NYPD Blue. It's a Catch-22.

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
As much as I also want to see season sets, I think it is a great idea to only vote for the first 5 season 2 episodes to show we really want season sets. So my vote has been cast season 2 episodes 1-5 :) I'm sure the irony of many votes going this way can't be lost on Columbia/Tri-star (hmmm or can it) :)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

I'm willing to bet that when Columbia/Tri-Star released the "best-ofs" of 'Married...With Children', a lot of people stayed away in the hopes that they'd release season sets. I know I was one of them. Sure enough, the rest as they say, is history.

I'm sorry, but it's pretty sad that they can release one season years ago, then do nothing to follow it up.......then years later they come out with this poll. Most people who own the season one set will NOT settle for a best-of release. I don't own the show myself, but let's use "The Jeffersons" as an example. If they were to follow up the 2 seasons sets with a best-of, I definitely wouldn't buy. It's pretty much a slap in the face to the consumer.

I agree with Daniel's approach 100%. Show Columbia that you want a season 2 set by voting for the first 5 eps of that season. Maybe they'll wake up and smell the coffee for once. A season 2 set is long overdue, and for CTS to pull this stunt to all the faithful consumers who purchased season 1 is just wrong.

The reason season 1 probably didn't sell like it should've was the insane price of the set when it was released.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

I'm willing to bet that when Columbia/Tri-Star released the "best-ofs" of 'Married...With Children', a lot of people stayed away in the hopes that they'd release season sets. I know I was one of them. Sure enough, the rest as they say, is history.

I'm sorry, but it's pretty sad that they can release one season years ago, then do nothing to follow it up.......then years later they come out with this poll. Most people who own the season one set will NOT settle for a best-of release. I don't own the show myself, but let's use "The Jeffersons" as an example. If they were to follow up the 2 seasons sets with a best-of, I definitely wouldn't buy. It's pretty much a slap in the face to the consumer.

I agree with Daniel's approach 100%. Show Columbia that you want a season 2 set by voting for the first 5 eps of that season. Maybe they'll wake up and smell the coffee for once. A season 2 set is long overdue, and for CTS to pull this stunt to all the faithful consumers who purchased season 1 is just wrong.

The reason season 1 probably didn't sell like it should've was the insane price of the set when it was released.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Hmm, I don't get HBO so I've never seen the series. I loved the S1 DVDs and want the rest. How can I vote on favorite episodes when I haven't seen them??

I'm going with the first 5 of S2 approach. Good idea, guys.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Hmm, I don't get HBO so I've never seen the series. I loved the S1 DVDs and want the rest. How can I vote on favorite episodes when I haven't seen them??

I'm going with the first 5 of S2 approach. Good idea, guys.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Can I also suggest that you register on the site (if you haven't already) and vote for season sets there? I'll be sure to include the data when I send the other stuff to Columbia TriStar.

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Can I also suggest that you register on the site (if you haven't already) and vote for season sets there? I'll be sure to include the data when I send the other stuff to Columbia TriStar.

Gord

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator
It at 98% wanting season sets so why would they release best of sets ?

Its frustrating to expect someone who has a season 1 set to buy a best of set, so that they get more season releses in the future.

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator
It at 98% wanting season sets so why would they release best of sets ?

Its frustrating to expect someone who has a season 1 set to buy a best of set, so that they get more season releses in the future.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I want to mention this again...

Columbia TriStar hasn't decided what they will do. They didn't tell me "Gord, we want to know what the fan favorites are because we're going to release a 'best of' set," they just asked me to put up a poll to determine which episodes the fans want. When I asked what their plans were, I was told they haven't decided. Who knows...they might record commentary tracks for the most popular episodes.

I will always support more releases of season sets over a "best of," but given the choice between nothing and a "best of" I'd probably pick the "best of."

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I want to mention this again...

Columbia TriStar hasn't decided what they will do. They didn't tell me "Gord, we want to know what the fan favorites are because we're going to release a 'best of' set," they just asked me to put up a poll to determine which episodes the fans want. When I asked what their plans were, I was told they haven't decided. Who knows...they might record commentary tracks for the most popular episodes.

I will always support more releases of season sets over a "best of," but given the choice between nothing and a "best of" I'd probably pick the "best of."

Gord

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Gord, thanks for all of your efforts in this area. To me, it's encouraging that Columbia TriStar recognizes your site and is working with you to gather this data. That's a sign that they are trying to listen to what the consumers want. :emoji_thumbsup:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Gord, thanks for all of your efforts in this area. To me, it's encouraging that Columbia TriStar recognizes your site and is working with you to gather this data. That's a sign that they are trying to listen to what the consumers want. :emoji_thumbsup:

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Gord,

I was not having a go at anyone about this and I do appreciate your site and all the help it has given to get tv shows out on dvd.

:)

Stephen Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Gord,

I was not having a go at anyone about this and I do appreciate your site and all the help it has given to get tv shows out on dvd.

:)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Okay, okay, after reading your comments here, I have to say that I would consider getting a best of- set if that's all there is. Of course, I'd prefer a box set of each season, but we want to keep the show alive, so lets do that. I'm in for the poll and the DVD release, whatever it may be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks