1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Larry Sanders - Columbia wants to know your favorites

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Gord Lacey, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Screenwriter

Columbia TriStar has asked us to put up a poll to find out which episodes are fan favorites.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/larrysanders/

Before you get upset and assume they are going to release "best of" discs, Columbia TriStar told me they haven't decided yet, however, it does look like they're leaning that way.

Gord

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Screenwriter

Columbia TriStar has asked us to put up a poll to find out which episodes are fan favorites.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/larrysanders/

Before you get upset and assume they are going to release "best of" discs, Columbia TriStar told me they haven't decided yet, however, it does look like they're leaning that way.

Gord

3. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

Great, let's see now if 20th Century Fox does the same with the rest of the Mary Tyler Moore Show. It's sickening for fans of these shows to see a "Best of" DVD set especially after buying a season 1 set. It puts a sour taste in my mouth. I don't think I'll be buying anymore season 1 sets until I know for sure that the series has been completely released. It's a shame studios don't care enough about the fans to release season sets. It's all about them being greedy because we all know that in time, EVERY show would sell enough sets to make companies a profit. The problem is they don't want to wait years to get their riches, they want it now, and if it's not a hit within a few weeks, no more season sets...It's sad.

4. Carlos Garcia

Great, let's see now if 20th Century Fox does the same with the rest of the Mary Tyler Moore Show. It's sickening for fans of these shows to see a "Best of" DVD set especially after buying a season 1 set. It puts a sour taste in my mouth. I don't think I'll be buying anymore season 1 sets until I know for sure that the series has been completely released. It's a shame studios don't care enough about the fans to release season sets. It's all about them being greedy because we all know that in time, EVERY show would sell enough sets to make companies a profit. The problem is they don't want to wait years to get their riches, they want it now, and if it's not a hit within a few weeks, no more season sets...It's sad.

5. Holden Pike

Holden Pike Stunt Coordinator

I'll abstain, thanks. I want the season sets or nothing (which is apparently what they're more than happy to give us), especially as like any good series there are minor and major plot strands carried through entire seasons and the series as a whole, building on the shows before them.

Geesh.

6. Holden Pike

Holden Pike Stunt Coordinator

I'll abstain, thanks. I want the season sets or nothing (which is apparently what they're more than happy to give us), especially as like any good series there are minor and major plot strands carried through entire seasons and the series as a whole, building on the shows before them.

Geesh.

7. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

I figure if enough of us submit any answers, they will gauge just how many people want the show. This could help our chances of getting full season sets.

8. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

I figure if enough of us submit any answers, they will gauge just how many people want the show. This could help our chances of getting full season sets.

9. Stephen Ford

Stephen Ford Stunt Coordinator

For gods sake. Not a chance in hell Im going to buy a best of set. This is an award winning show and its an insult to release it as a best of.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Stephen Ford

Stephen Ford Stunt Coordinator

For gods sake. Not a chance in hell Im going to buy a best of set. This is an award winning show and its an insult to release it as a best of.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    This is the saddest good news I've ever heard !

The only Sanders episodes released in R2 UK are on a "best-of" compilation ; though I can tell you, they're far from the best episodes ( with the exception of "Hank's Sex Tape").

If this is the route they're going to go, could they not at least allow us to choose a few more episodes - 15 or so ?It's also alarming that they've included the first season in the poll. What if we ended up with a repeat of one of the few episodes we have ?

Even so, I'm with the protesters on this one. A best-of will just make it unlikely that we'll ever see the season sets eventually appear. This makes me so angry - can the Sanders show really have sold THAT badly ?

12. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    This is the saddest good news I've ever heard !

The only Sanders episodes released in R2 UK are on a "best-of" compilation ; though I can tell you, they're far from the best episodes ( with the exception of "Hank's Sex Tape").

If this is the route they're going to go, could they not at least allow us to choose a few more episodes - 15 or so ?It's also alarming that they've included the first season in the poll. What if we ended up with a repeat of one of the few episodes we have ?

Even so, I'm with the protesters on this one. A best-of will just make it unlikely that we'll ever see the season sets eventually appear. This makes me so angry - can the Sanders show really have sold THAT badly ?

13. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

This crazy!! Price the full season sets at a fair market price and watch them sell!!!!

I WANT to give you (CTHE) my money, but I will not buy a "Best Of" set. As mentioned above, these shows contain hysterical elements that run throughout the season.

HELLO, McFLY!?!?!?!

C

14. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

This crazy!! Price the full season sets at a fair market price and watch them sell!!!!

I WANT to give you (CTHE) my money, but I will not buy a "Best Of" set. As mentioned above, these shows contain hysterical elements that run throughout the season.

HELLO, McFLY!?!?!?!

C

15. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

I'd rather have season sets but also want to show Columbia TriStar that there's still interest in the show so I voted for the first five episodes of Season 2.

16. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

I'd rather have season sets but also want to show Columbia TriStar that there's still interest in the show so I voted for the first five episodes of Season 2.

17. Carlos Garcia

You know, I wasn't going to vote, out of protest. However, I think this is an excellent idea. Let's all try and vote for season 2, episodes 1-5 in that order. Maybe this will send Columbia Tri-Star a message that we fans don't want a "Best of" set, we want the complete season sets!

18. Carlos Garcia

You know, I wasn't going to vote, out of protest. However, I think this is an excellent idea. Let's all try and vote for season 2, episodes 1-5 in that order. Maybe this will send Columbia Tri-Star a message that we fans don't want a "Best of" set, we want the complete season sets!

19. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    I also want the season sets. Won't buy a best of- collection.

20. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    I also want the season sets. Won't buy a best of- collection.