What's new

LAND OF THE GIANTS! - Where Are You? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Didn't take long for someone to beat me to the post :laugh: Thanks, Mike for getting the word to HTF fast. Sounds like it'll happen, we'll just wait for Gord/Dave's confirm at TSoD.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Sorry about that, Jeff...I'll try and restrain myself 10 minutes longer following the announcement for "Voyage" S2, vol. 2!

This is one case where I might appreciate the split season arrangement--time will tell. It's not my favorite IA series, in fact my order of preference for the 'big four' he developed falls exactly in line with the order in which they were produced. There's no denying though that the pilot episode was filmed with a great deal of lavish care--I believe it took eleven days to shoot it.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

10 minutes will be acceptable to the HTF Board :laugh:

I agree on your IA series ranking. LOTJ wasn't my favorite one either but I will get V1 of this one and see how it's stood the test of time for me. Since I haven't seen this one in syndication in many years. it'll be a fresh view for me as well. I do remember some of it; that giant-sized paperclip to climb up the desks, etc.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

I watched this faithfully about a dozen years ago when the Sci-Fi channel broadcast it in the mornings (I had a six week recuperation from a broken ankle). I thought the pilot was great . . . imaginative visuals and special effects within the context of a late 1960s TV series . . . and I enjoyed the early episodes so I'll at least get Volume 1. But for me, the show progressed into silliness (much like "Lost in Space") and the final straw was when Jonathan "Dr. Smith" Harris appeared as a giant "Pied Piper" type character.

michael_ks

Screenwriter

Yes, that episode ("Pay the Piper") is in essence, LOTG's "Great Vegetable Rebellion". The series is remarkably even in S1 at least, just a bit repetitive in that the crewmates spend much of their time evading detection, which begins to wear thin by season 2.

Still, with the first volume (presumbably eps. 1-13) there is the sadistic girl who teases the crew in a 'toy town' (I still see her giggling and flicking matches), the hobo framed for murder and the giant who makes off with the Spindrift spaceship only to become a hapless victim of quicksand. And of course the aforementioned pilot ("The Crash") which has a mini-movie feel and a superb John(ny) Williams score. Some solid fun here as only Mr. Allen could deliver it.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Great news! Finally my 2nd favorite Irwin Allen show after VTTBOTS on DVD. Given the current Voyage schedule Season 2. Vol. 2 should be coming in February 2007 so I am guessing LOTG Season 1 Vol. 1 should be out in January 07 if this rumor turns out to be true which I think it will.

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JOE
Hey everybody, thanks for sharing this great news about my favorite Irwin Allen TV show LAND OF THE GIANTS. Finally LOTG is coming to DVD, man I am excited, can't wait.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
>>I was so angered at Columbia House over this issue that I'm actually happy they're out of business.
--

Since when? I still recieve emails from them...

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

The Columbia House TV Greats section went belly up. A friend of mine got LotG on DVD before they went under. They didnt advertise it much. I tried to get it but they acted like they didnt have it. But they did. I got Airwolf and some Perry Mason from that part of Columbia House myself.

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JOE
Maybe when the first volume of the 2nd season of "Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea" is released on DVD in a few weeks, the studio will officially announce the DVD release of LAND OF THE GIANTS (Would be great if they even included the upcoming LOTG DVD cover art in a flyer inside the VTTBOTS DVD case). This would be great news for us GIANTS fans.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
I suppose it's appropriate to view this series on a tiny iPod screen, but I'm ready to see it again on a real TV. Bring it on!

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JOE
Hey, I don't get it. Regarding the above post, are these legit authentic LOTG episodes? And if they are not, why are they allowed to be sold on Amazon? No matter either way, I'll wait for the official LOTG season sets release, partial or otherwise. HAPPY HALLOWEEN.

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JOE
Fox announced today the DVD release of Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea Season 2 Volume 2 on February 20, 2007. Was hoping we would have heard some official LAND OF THE GIANTS DVD release news by now. Has anybody heard anything?
Thanks, Joe Kelly

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks