What's new

Lady And The Tramp (1 Viewer)

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand

You may just want to hold on to your original version.

What concerns me is what was said on the 'Sneak Peek' for "The Lady and the Tramp Platinum Edition" on the Cinderella DVD.

"Now, with picture and sound digitally restored beyond its original brilliance."

ChrisPearson

Second Unit

I believe The Jungle Book is planned for May 07 and 101 Dalmations for Oct 07. Where did you get the information that there would only be 10? I'd hate for early classics like Pinocchio and Dumbo not to get the PE treatment.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I hope Dumbo and Pinocchio get the "Platinum" treatment. However, for not be a "special edition," I think the current Dumbo DVD is very good. I have both these films, but I would love to see them get the lavish treatment they deserve. They are without a doubt two of my favorite Disney pictures.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I really would like to know what version(s) of the film will be on the disk specifically. Will the theatrical version be available, will the extended edition have completed animation of just the storyboards inserted. Need to know

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator

That's funny. :D I sold one of the two I owned in the fall of 2001 for over $60 and it was used. It's definitely not worth selling. Just keep the old one as a back-up or a gift to child.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member

Paul,

I'm honestly a bit confused by your assessment of the Cinderella DVD. Color is much more subdued than the usual modern-day fare...color very much like what we see with Bambi and in every way to my eyes reflects the accuracy of the original painted artwork.

In fact, another poster in the review thread (Jeff) even complained that it looked "too dull" to his eyes. I'm not denying that you're seeing what you're seeing in your system, but I'm wondering if something else is at play and causing that DVD to display inaccurately in your video chain.

In any case...I'd love to carry on that conversation with you back in the review thread. Sorry for hijacking...back to Lady and the Tramp!

dave :)

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
That's great news, I'm a big Lady and the Tramp fan. Like Sleeping Beauty, I'm bound to keep my widescreen VHS copy because the cover art is so nice.

Alas, when is Little Mermaid?!

(Speaking of Disney, feel free to PM me if you have an extra copy of Beauty and the Beast Platinum and the Christmas special -- be kind, we're all brothers and sisters here.)

Doug

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

A new Pinocchio would be most welcome... I sold my DVD (for $40 :D) a few years ago, so I'm hoping for the new edition to come soon. As for Dumbo, the current DVD is pretty much loaded.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
I believe "Pinocchio" is part of the Platinum Collection.

"Fantasia" was added recently. 2007 is the rumored release date (the first Blu-ray Platinum perhaps?)

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
Currently, there are 14 announced Platinum titles. The first 10 are Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Aladdin, Bambi, Cinderella, Lady and the Tramp, The Little Mermaid, The Jungle Book, and 101 Dalmatians, in that order.

The next four will be Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, Fantasia, and Peter Pan. The order for those has not been revealed yet.

I'm so glad that we only have four months to wait for Lady and the Tramp instead of the 12 we would have had with the old release schedule. Trusty and Tramp rule!

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
That's true, but I also don't want them to sacrifice quality in a rush to get the DVDs to market. Every 4-8 months is a decent compromise in my opinion.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Actually if it weren't for this new schedule we wouldn't be getting Lady and the Tramp until fall 2007!

I'm hoping Jungle Book comes out Spring 07 because I want it ASAP, like as not, we'll have to wait til Fall 2007 for it and 101 Dalmations will be Spring 2007

I guess Fantasia and Pinocchio are due for 2008 and Peter Pan Sleeping Beauty for 2009 eh?

Adam

JoeJ

Agent

From the listings at Disney UK's site, Pinocchio will come in March 2008, Peter Pan in March 2009, Sleeping Beauty in March 2010 and Fantasia in March 2011.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I wouldn't get too concerned over whether or not the new Lady and the Tramp DVD will be labeled "Platinum". After all, Sleeping Beauty is not labeled as such, but is every bit as impressive a DVD as any of the other Platinum discs.

-Lyle J.P.

RomanSohor

Second Unit
How much more do you think they could fit on to a "Platinum" edition of Sleeping Beauty?

I am pretty sure I have no reason at all to double-dip on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks