What's new

La Femme Nikita WILL get a Season 2 set (1 Viewer)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Zack , that is super cool. Gregg congratulations.

So do I have this right:

Received:
Zack
Gregg
Ken
Alex
Zen
Jim

Scott Merryfield, did you find one?

Evan Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up a copy from a BestBuy and they had a few more on the shelf. It seems as if I bought the first and only copy they sold so far.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Best Buy here in south Denver had at least 10 or more copies on the shelf; the hefty price will probably keep them on the shelves a while, until someone realizes they need to take them off...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

No luck at three local Best Buy stores, Zen. I placed an order via a Half.com seller for $72. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Amazon sent me an email last week cancelling my pre-order with them.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Scott, I'll check back at my local BB and see if they have any more. If they do, I'll pick one up for you. Then if the Half.com thing falls through, you can have it for cost plus shipping. If you get the copy from Half.com then I will just return it for a refund. :) I'll check when I get off work and see if they still have it. I have a friend that works there (that snagged the copies for me yesterday), but he is out of town today, unfortunately. Anyways, I'll check it out. Good luck with the half.com thing though!

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Yippee!

As per my previous post, I had ordered from a vendor at half.com...mine just arrived in today's mail! And, I got it for less than list price (including S&H).

Haven't even broken the shrink wrap yet...

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
There is obviously a lot of copies of LFN out there judging from the number of sets for sale on ebay. Also, I feel sorry for the guy who bought the first set for sale there for $610.00. The price is dropping like a rock - I just bought a copy for $125.00, and I know that if I had waited, I could have done much better, but I just love the show too much.

Doug

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm..is eighty copies of something really alot when considering Ebay's global size? I figured there was a heck of alot more nikita fans out there, yet it bottoming out so bad on there it seems they dont even want pay what BB charges for it! Perhaps they are waiting on word what really happened with this whole ordeal.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
My order on Half.com fell through. According to the order info, the seller supposedly rejected my credit card, which is bullsh*t, since it is a perfectly valid card. The dealer probably decided he could get more than $72 for the item and conveniently rejected the card. :angry:

The cheapest price there now is $95. I'm not paying that much for this set. I'll just wait until it finally gets an official release.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Scott,

My BesBuy had no more on the shelves by the time I got back there. Sorry man. I will keep my eyes open for you. Good luck man!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I placed an order with CD Universe for $69 plus shipping. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks for checking, Zack. I appreciate the gesture.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

My order from CD Universe showed up today. It arrived in a large padded envelope :thumbsdown: , and I was concerned that the contents may have incurred damage during transit (my past experiences with padded envelopes haven't been positive). I was surprised that it arrived in excellent condition (save a very small ding in one corner). I can't wait to check the discs when I get back from my vacation.

Larry_H

Auditioning
Contrary to Gregg's post, I am neither a Director, nor was I involved with Season 2 of Nikita.

OTOH, he was quite right about my coming to his house. We arrived (my wife and I) and had a famously good time, Maine-style. A long way to carry my 53" Sony on my back so Gregg could calibrate it. Next time, I'll have him come to me.

For the record, I'm a Writer/Producer and was involved with LFN on the 3rd and 4th seasons.

So instead of signing Gregg's LFN discs, I offered to break his arm and sign his cast. He declined.

That said, it's only a shame we don't get part of those premium prices some of you seem willing to pay. Good luck in your DVD hunting.

Interesting to note that a LarryH posted above. Must've lost his hyphen.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
My attempt at getting this title through CD Universe doesn't look promising. It's out of stock, and the vendor indicates via an email that they are having trouble getting more from their supplier (big surprise). Oh, well, it was worth a shot.

PeterH

Auditioning
I'm a new member to the forum although I sometimes read it. As a big fan of LFN I have Season 1 on my shelves and ordered Season 2 when it became available for ordering. I was lucky to receive my copy in the mail last week. It was sent to me on July 12th., one day before they canceled/postponed Season 2. However, I received an email kindly requesting to send back the copy because there should be a defect. Sure I didn't do that. So far - I've seen all but the final episode - no problem whatsoever.
Probably I am one of the very few people in my country to actually owe a copy of LFN Season 2.
I do hope that (Season 2 and) the other seasons will be released in the (not to far) future. Can't wait...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks