What's new

La double vie de Véronique BD (1 Viewer)

Michel_Hafner

Screenwriter
has been released in UK at bargain price. Bargain price BDs can be just fine or nasty rip offs. There are companies who upscale DVD masters (or worse) to 1080p and sell them as low price BDs. And there are companies who sell technically dated but acceptable older HD transfers at attractive prices. And then there are rare cases where you get state of the art material at low price (with big discounts counted in) resulting in a price performance ratio putting most brand new releases to shame. The Véronique BD is of the last kind. Competent, film like transfer, sharp and detailed, with astonishingly little grain, but no ugly DNR artifacts, encoded at high bitrate (30 Mbit/s average or so) and complemented with a lossless soundtrack. It wipes the floor with the 35mm print I saw some time ago. Highly recommended if Kieslowski is your cup of tea.

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
I ordered mine a few days ago. It carries over almost all the supplements from the Criterion, minus the Insdorf commentary (which is too bad because I love her commentaries).

Michel_Hafner

Screenwriter
Comparison UK and Criterion edition here:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDreviews26/double_life_of_veronique.htm

UK is DNRed but has quite higher bit rate. I wish I could get the Criterion with

the UK bit rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks