What's new

KV-34HS420 Service Menus Adjustment Guide Needed... (1 Viewer)

Andrew Beckmen

Stunt Coordinator
I am pretty happy with this TV, but I have noticed some problems...

Geometry issue. Straight lines and stuff are warped and bent towards the top of the screen. I think this is called pincusion?

Black stuff, such as shirts, appear too black. You can't see any detail.

Some objects (faces mainly) appear blurry sometimes. This might just be the source (out of focus shots) but maybe not.

I am a total newbie to this stuff, and I am afraid of service menus, but I want to at least fix the geometry issue. That is really distracting.

Thanks.

Andrew Beckmen

Stunt Coordinator
Please help me. Google is not helping me! I got into the service menu, but I don't know what setting does what so I am not about to adjust anything.

The geometry "bowing" is what's really killing me. I can't get my eyes off it. I paid 1500 bucks for this freaking TV and I want it to look right! I jacked up the brightness and fixed the black thing, and the blur might be my player's upscaling mode, but this geometry thing is killing me.

I'd also like to tweak the overscan ever so slightly.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi
For the brightness issue, use the user menu and AVIA or Video Essentials. Both work the same way.
For the geometry problems, I recommend a service call. If you dont want to go this route, then at least buy a service manual (www.servicemanuals.net) and follow the instructions. Beware, that entry into the SM will void your warranty (if the Manufacturer finds out about it).

Regards

Gregg

Andrew Beckmen

Stunt Coordinator
I found a service menu (had to DL two programs to open it, becuase I refuse to have Office on this comp) but reliezed that I need a pro to do these geometry adjustments. I was just making it worse. I didn't save anything.

I am going to go to the place I got it from and see if they can come over and check it out, or if they can help me find someone who can. No way can I transport the thing, it weighs 200 pounds and I live in an upstairs apartment with a narrow staircase. Getting it up here and hooked up was a task, let me tell you.

If I can't find anyone, I guess I will have to get used to it. I am the only one that sees it, my friends say I am crazy.

Andrew Beckmen

Stunt Coordinator
Rex took down my information and said a service rep will call me tomorrow to set up an appointment. So I guess they will be sending somebody to my house to look at it. Hopefully the person will be savvy enough to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks