What's new

Kung Fu Season Two (1 Viewer)

Mick Tees

Second Unit
"GRASSHOPPER, BE YOUR SELF. AND NEVER FEAR THUS TO BE NAKED TO THE EYES OF OTHERS. YET, KNOW THAT MAN SO OFTEN MASKS HIMSELF. THAT WHAT IS SIMPLE IS RARELY UNDERSTOOD. THE DUST OF TRUTH SWIRLS, AND SEEKS ITS OWN CRACKS OF ENTRY. AND A TREE FALLING IN THE FOREST, WITHOUT EARS TO HEAR, MAKES NO SOUND. YET IT FALLS."

-Master Poe

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
That's great news. I'm not sure if I'm going to pick up season 2 since I can't watch season 1, but I might since it's OAR.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Kyle, why would it upset anyone to know that they get to see it as it originally aired?

We now have cover art and extras up as well.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I hope it is true that Warner has come to their senses and will release remaining seasons in the intended 1:33 to 1 ratio.

I won't buy it until I read a review of the final product though!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The extras are listed at TVShows, and if that's all there is, it sounds like Carradine's call to "get very radical" with the season 2 extras went unheeded. No matter to me, since I care very little for extras anyway.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Until season 1 is corrected, I refuse to buy my favorite show of all time. I'm happy season 2 may be released in its' OAR. Hopefully, this prompts WB to fix what they've MARred

Sorry bro, not from me.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Steve, in my opinion you can relax: Warner is going to go all-out to mention the 1.33:1 aspect ratio in their advertising, even!

"Maintains original 4x3 aspect ratio, remaining true to original airings" is the exact wording in the first not-yet-distributed "ad" that I've seen.

Steve_AS

Second Unit
Obviously employing cropping in the first season box was merely a marketing ploy, so that they could use the'true to the original airings' tag as a draw for the rest.

Diabolical!

:D

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
well im not going to buy any till they release the first season the right way. if they do that then ill buy all.
if not oh well!

it was bad enounth the first season not being full frame the way it was made but now its going to be a mix set.
what was Warner thinking?

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I wonder how many people aren't going to buy season 2 because they can't get a non-messed-up season 1 set? (The WB marketing people will probably decide that people liked the cropped version better, instead of realizing that people want to have season 1 before they get season 2.)

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Interesting side note: The guys who produced the extras for the first and second seasons of the Kung Fu DVDs also produced the first- and (as-yet unreleased) second-season DVDs of The Mary Tyler Moore Show. They are Matthew Asner (son of Ed Asner) and Danny Gold.

They had no involvement on the OAR decisions on the Kung Fu DVDs, by the way--just the extras.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I'm leaning towards buying season 2, but not watching it. I can't really see watching it without season 1, but I worry that someday they'll fix season 1, but then season 2 will be out of print or otherwise unavailable. I don't know, I'm still on the fence about it. If season 1 were OAR this would be a no-brainer, but as it is, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
George, I'm with you there.

Jeff, a good way of putting it. As much as I wanted to make a statement about the cropped Season 1, I just may need to step up and support the correct season 2. It could very well tip the scales.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks