What's new

Kung-Fu Panda 2 - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This was a worthy followup to the original Kung-Fu Panda, and it delivers not only the humor and the amazing fight scenes and teamwork amongst the Furious Five, it delves a little into Po's own "origins", since the goose dad obviously adopted Po. The antagonist is literally a peacock named Shen with some amazing moves of his own, and comes with his own angsty motivations. The plot is a little thin in spots, but the direction of the action sequences more than makes up for it being a fairly straight forward plotline. The CGI animation is really top notch, and the 2D animation is also solid.

I give it 3.75 stars, or a grade of A-.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Our family watched Kung Fu Panda 2 in 2D on Saturday and we all like it very much. We also enjoyed the first one very much. KFP 2 isn't so much better or worse than the first one but a complement to it. The first one was about training and believing in oneself. The second was more about using that knowledge, i.e. action with less heart than the first one but the second one concentrated all of it into two scenes that were more intense than in the first movie.

If you like the first one, you should like the second one. If you thought the first one needed a few more action scenes then you may love the second one.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
We went to see it in 3D today. I thought it was pretty good. A little slow at times. The 3D effect where pretty good and I saw no real artifacting. I will say why does anyone go to the theater when you can buy the Bluray and have change left. $11.50 a ticket for myself and my two kids for the Matinee. Crazy... The theater did have a gray screen. :)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I saw it with the family on Sunday, and we enjoyed it. We thought it was actually better than the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks