What's new

korean DVD (1 Viewer)

ForresterW

Stunt Coordinator
i am looking to buy few legit korean movie on DVD, and i was wondering if there was a internet store that was located in U.S.
thank you
:)

John DeLuca

Stunt Coordinator
They are official. Another site is dvdasian.com. I just found out about Pokerindustries so I am going to try them this week. They are located literally a half hour from me. You should definitely pick up the 2 disc set of Shiri. I just watched it the other night and it is an amazing film. I hope you violence though :)

I use Poker Industries exclusively for my Korean and Hong Kong discs. They have fair prices and great service.

I second John on Shiri, one of the best action titles i've seen. There are alot of good titles in all genres.

Some of my favorites so far:

Shiri

Attack The Gas Station!

Kick the Moon

Jakarta

Beat

Tell Me Something

Il Mare

Just remember to order the original Korean release because alot of these films have HK releases also. Most Korean DVD's are anamorphic and blow away the HK releases in all aspects.

Brian E

Screenwriter
If you do use Poker you might like to know about this.
From DVD Talk;
"Poker Industries has the now 'hard to find' import of The Twin Peaks Pilot in stock. Also DVD Talk Members Get 10% off your order with the coupon code DVDTK02 with all orders of $50.00 or more are upgraded to FREE SHIPPING! Check out these other new arrivals Change Visitor Q, Ebola Syndrome & Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals."

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just remember to order the original Korean release because alot of these films have HK releases also. Most Korean DVD's are anamorphic and blow away the HK releases in all aspects.
But are the Korean discs region 3? HK titles are mostly region 0, and can be played on any player.
That's an important point for a lot of us! :)
I've always gotten my Asian discs from www.hivizone.com. Of course, I should probably just go to Chinatown. . . :)

Sorry, I should have mentioned the region 3 thing. It depends on the title, some are R3 and some R0. Most of the newer titles are region encoded. After a having a region free player for a while you take that for granted. I guess you can say, it just gives you a reason to buy a new player.:D
Jakarta is a comedy about three different groups of bank robbers. Unbeknownst to them, they are all hitting the same bank at the same time. Don't read to many reviews, because they will spoil it for you. A very well written movie, that keeps going strong until the end. The Korean disc is region 0, a definite must purchase for getting a taste of their films.

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
Try bluelaser they "had" CTHD when everyone else was backordered and or sold out!! They've also been around since the early Laserdisc days. Their site is pretty nice, lots of pics, I even receive their monthly e-mail updates and Nancy will get you whatever you want, legal that is.
bodymov'n :cool:

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Shiri is getting a US release in February. I can't wait. I heard the only change to the film will be a short prologue explaining the political climate in Korea. The rest of the move will be exactly the same as it was.

HKFLIX.COM is also very good for these movies.

Matt

Felix,
The title is referring to where a couple of the robbers want to go after the heist. After they make the score, that's where they want to retire to. Why they picked Jakarta is anyone's guess. I didn't know anything about the city until watching this movie. I decided to read up and can see why they wanted to go there. That's a beautiful city.:)

Jaehoon Heo

Stunt Coordinator
Forrester,
I may be one of a few Korean members in this Forum. May I ask you why you like Korean movies? Just for curiosity...:)

MilesH

Stunt Coordinator
If I were you, I would stay clear of Poker Industries. I ordered a DVD from them that was defective. This is not unusual because the quality control of Hong Kong companies is poor. They refused to reply to any of my emails concerning a replacement. In short, there customer service is non-existant. If you get a defective DVD from them, you will be stuck with it.
People have recently had even worse experiences than me with Poker Industries:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...com&frame=off
Unless you like gambling with your money, you should shop elsewhere. Caveat Emptor!

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Sigh... No one even mentions the great swordplay movie... Bichunmoo....
I think much better the Crouching Iguana, Hidden Piglet. :D

ForresterW

Stunt Coordinator
hello
The reason I am interested in korean movie is because I am too korean. Recently i saw a movie called "Mu Sa" and I really like it, and i want this movie(and few others) on DVD. :)

Jaehoon Heo

Stunt Coordinator
ForresterW,
Thank you for your reply. I thought you were an American, guessing from your ID. Then, I am curious how many Koreans were posting in this thread...:)
So far, I just bought Shiri from dvdasian.com. I ordered it, but they replied that they had no stock. I contacted them for complaint, and they were receptive and nice to me. Except some unexpected delay, I had no problem with them. I hope this would help.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Another Korean posting on this forum... :)
Why Has The Bodhi-Dharma Left for the East? is availible in Region 1 by Image. A very introspective, philosophical film about Buddhism. The video is nonanamorphic and of fair quality, but watchable. I believe Criterion released this on laserdisc. Hopefully they can get the rights to release it on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks