What's new

KONG in NOV? (1 Viewer)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I'm more excited by "Hulk" and "An American Werewolf in London," but I'll gladly take "Kong" along with those two. :D

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Well, we know they'll all be coming sooner or later.

Hopefully, this info will turn out to be somewhat accurate (though I could do without the combo crap).

King Kong on HD DVD for the Holidays would be nice. I'd like to see the Mummy in HD as well (and there are several other from that list I'd be interested in).

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
If this turns out to be true it will be very welcome. There are some good titles there that I would definantly purchase. This is a good start but we need to see more top notch titles being released.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Waterworld?!?!?

Not there's a great title to give HD-DVD a shot inthe arm! Not. Really, some of the decisions being made on these initial high-def releases *really* are puzzling.

I'm looking forward to Kong and AAWIL though!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

wow- my sentiments too- exactly.
I'm thrilled that by the end of November, all of the Uni titles that I wanted (from the various coming soon lists over the past few months) will have been released. I would have loved to have had American Werewolf in time for Halloween, but I'l happily take it as soon as its available.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Warner distributed the recent release of the original Kong and Universal did Jackson's remake. Wouldn't it be great if we got *both*?

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
The headline for this article says these are all Universal releases. I think it's safe to say that it is Jackson's "Kong" that is coming. (The same one that looks SO eye-boggling on the HD DVD demo disk.)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
hrm, i wished it was the '33 version. i just bought the 2disc SD-DVD version and it looks fantastic. the bonus disc was TWICE as long as the film itself... argh! will the HD version just let us see the hair&dirt&grime in clearer detail or will we see more detail on the claymation?

re: jackson's version on HD-DVD, will it be the theatrical release or extended?

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I'd love for Waterworld to come out. Then I can ditch that stupid jewel case from the original DVD :D

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully, Waterworld will not be from a 1080i transfer -- this is a title that could look quite stunning.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yeah! Waterworld! :D Wait...I'm happy with my DVD dump version.

I'd be excited if Grinch was the cartoon. Carey's version deserves to have it's balls removed. (Christmas balls, that is)

I'd love to have a comparison of the American Werewolf versions. I was a little disappointed it didn't look better.

"Stay off the mooooooors..."
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks