What's new

kojak season 2 (1 Viewer)

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Simon, I thought Shock (don't know anything about them) is releasing Kojak, not Madman. I do agree that a release via Madman might result in better source material being located, as they do seem to put care and thought into their work.

SimonTemplar

Stunt Coordinator
Todd

You are right, it's Shock releasing it. Poor research by me. Apologies. I jumped to conclusions after seeing the excellent Universal stuff they are releasing.

Best

ST

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I just ordered season 1. I really hope the other seasons get released. I'd love Shout! Factory to pick this up!!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Wvtvguy
I just ordered season 1. I really hope the other seasons get released. I'd love Shout! Factory to pick this up!!
A little birdie told me you're getting your wish! Who Loves Ya, Baby!

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I just ordered the UK PAL version of season 1 the other day. I don't believe I've seen this since it's original airing. Should be interesting.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Whilst checking Play.com's DVD Coming Soon section this week I spotted a listing for Kojak: Season 4. HMV.com has a pre-order listing for both Kojak: Season 4 and Season 5. The UK release date is Monday 22nd August, 2011.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Richard, was there any info on the company? Mediumrare again? The final two seasons have been released in Germany, but I haven't seen any reivews of them.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Todd, no DVD distributor information is included on Play.com's listings pages, but on HMV.com's listing pages for the Season 4 and Season 5 sets Mediumrare is the distributor for these two sets.

The odd thing is, there's no DVD pre-order listing page up yet on Amazon UK for these two sets (same with Baywatch: Season 4).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
ITV3 have been repeating Kojak (along with Ironside), but the only episodes I remember seeing in the TV schedules was the second season episode "Hush Now, or You'll Die". The print quality was ok, nothing great. The pilot movie The Marcus Nelson Murders, shown a few months ago (along with the aforementioned episode) had better print quality.

Checked the second season episode list on EpGuides.com and seeing that there were 25 episodes in total (but really 24 episodes, with the first two episodes being a feature length season premiere, the episode "The Chinatown Murders"), ideally the set should be a 7-disc set.

May consider getting Shout's Kojak: Season 2 set.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Richard, thanks for the info. I'll avoid these sets, unless Shout! stalls their Kojak releases.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by ToddR2
Richard, thanks for the info. I'll avoid these sets, unless Shout! stalls their Kojak releases.
Todd, the UK release date on Amazon UK and Play.com is still Monday 22nd August. Yet there's front cover artwork for both the Season 4 and Season 5 sets on Play.com when you check the DVD pre-order pages for late August.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The BBFC passed the fifth season of Kojak on Friday, giving the set a '15' certificate (like with the second and third seasons). The release date on the BBFC listing page for the fifth season set is Monday 22nd August.

EDIT: The release date of the Season 4 and 5 sets were pushed back a week to Monday 29th August (source: HMV.com).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Yesterday the BBFC passed the fourth season of Kojak, giving it a '12' certificate.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Considering getting Shout's release of Kojak: Season Two. However, what if Madman decide to release Kojak on Region 4 sometime in the future?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Does the Region 2 first season set from Universal include the pilot movie "The Marcus-Nelson Murders"? And regarding the second season premiere "The Chinatown Murders" (this question is related to Shout! Factory's DVD release of the second season), was it a two-part or feature length episode?

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Richard, I don't own the R2 set, but I read online that The Marcus Nelson Murders was not included. The Chinatown Murders was a two-hour episode.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thanks Todd. I can't find a review of the Region 2 set. I was wondering if "The Marcus-Nelson Murders" was included, because the feature length pilots of Alias Smith and Jones and The Rockford Files were included in Universal Playback's releases of their first seasons. Usually, Universal's/Universal Playback's TV season sets have pretty good picture/print quality.

Am still weighing up whether to pre-order Shout's Season 2 set or wait for a possible Madman release. Ideally I'd prefer Shout's Season 2 set to be a 7-disc set, with there being 25 episodes if you count "The Chinatown Murders" as two episodes.

chrisBeckett

Agent
As Todd confirms, "The Marcus-Nelson Murders" is not part of the Season 1 Region 2 set released by Universal Playback. It is however on another Universal Playback release and this DVD is still available:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kojak-1-DVD-Telly-Savalas/dp/B00005ABUH/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks