What's new

Known Issues With The Migration (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Steve Tannehill said:
Views are not incrementing. There's a post that I viewed that is still showing 0 views.
I did some more digging and we have the post view counter set to update every three hours.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
HDvision said:
I can't seem to be able to upload any image, either from the web or my hard drive. Would there be other in the same situation?
I am in exactly the same position. I have just cancelled a post in the International Blu-ray forum because I can't include a BRD cover and I can't print the name of the film in bold font. I'm not going to post any more until and unless these wrinkles are ironed out.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The formatting toolbar appears to be turned off / not loading at the moment. There appears to be some updates or testing going on as the main menu has some additions. Most or all of the Javascript-y behaviors (menu pop ups, etc.) are also not happening.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Here's one. In the "My Notifications" page the top check box that used to check all now checks only itself, so to delete the read notices you need to check each one individually before hitting delete.

AnthonyP

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't been able to figure out a way to subscribe to a forum and have the daily digest that is sent contain links to all threads updated that day. Is that still possible or does it just send out the digest that only includes links to newly created threads now (rather than all updated threads)?Thanks.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Still can't skip to the last page in the mobile version and have to continually scroll a page up to the top to hit the button back for topics. At this point I've stopped using the mobile version and switched to full on my iPad and would on the phone too, but it formats too small for that. The last incarnation of the mobile service worked pretty well, so I'm not sure that was an area that needed too much changing. Oh well, I'll be patient and hope the fixes keep coming. :)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Professor Echo said:
Still can't skip to the last page in the mobile version and have to continually scroll a page up to the top to hit the button back for topics. At this point I've stopped using the mobile version and switched to full on my iPad and would on the phone too, but it formats too small for that. The last incarnation of the mobile service worked pretty well, so I'm not sure that was an area that needed too much changing. Oh well, I'll be patient and hope the fixes keep coming. :)
We are logging what people want improved with the moble skin, but we have a lot of work to do here, before we revisit mobile, so its going to be a few weeks.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
HDvision said:
I can't seem to be able to upload any image, either from the web or my hard drive. Would there be other in the same situation?
As Cameron mentioned earlier we had some issues that were resolved this afternoon. Are you still having this problem? If so what forum area are you trying to post to?
Robin9 said:
I am in exactly the same position. I have just cancelled a post in the International Blu-ray forum because I can't include a BRD cover and I can't print the name of the film in bold font. I'm not going to post any more until and unless these wrinkles are ironed out.
Robin, same question. Is it working now?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
AnthonyP said:
I haven't been able to figure out a way to subscribe to a forum and have the daily digest that is sent contain links to all threads updated that day. Is that still possible or does it just send out the digest that only includes links to newly created threads now (rather than all updated threads)? Thanks.
Not sure. I will have to dig into this one

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Adam Gregorich said:
As Cameron mentioned earlier we had some issues that were resolved this afternoon. Are you still having this problem? If so what forum area are you trying to post to?

Robin, same question. Is it working now?
No. I can now choose which font I want but I can't upload images. The "attach file" and "image" icons begin to work, allow me to choose which image I want but then refuse to upload.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I'm still not seeing images I uploaded to the forum just before the changeover. It was in the MANNIX thread, this post:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/259318-mannix-is-coming/?p=3938592

Up until a couple of days ago, that post had blue, underlined links to the photos I uploaded. The links DID NOT work, but had Home Theater Forum in their URLs. At first I thought they would eventually appear, but now that they've disappeared entirely, I'm more concerned about lost photos.

Harry

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Adam Gregorich said:
We are logging what people want improved with the moble skin, but we have a lot of work to do here, before we revisit mobile, so its going to be a few weeks.
I understand this, but you may have your priorities come back to haunt you. In years to come the mobile site will far outweigh the PC site.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Professor Echo said:
I understand this, but you may have your priorities come back to haunt you. In years to come the mobile site will far outweigh the PC site.
Didn't he say a few weeks not a few years to fix?

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
TonyD said:
Didn't he say a few weeks not a few years to fix?
I was speaking in general about how the paradigm is changing and that perfecting a potentially outdated model before the next generation's preferred model may not be the right course for any site these days. I'm 54 years old and even I do most of my computer work on mobile devices these days, not a desk or laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks