1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Know what I like about Netflix . . .

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Vic_T, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Vic_T

Vic_T Well-Known Member

. . . from what i can see, they don't even carry the full screen version of movies. Kudos to them.

2. Angel Pagan

Angel Pagan Well-Known Member

I like that there's only a 2-3 day turn-around. Cool.

3. Robert Dunnill

Robert Dunnill Well-Known Member

Wish we had them here, in which case I wouldn't have to buy every obscure title I want to see once.

RD

4. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Well-Known Member

Ever since they added a distribution hub in Lansing, MI, I got 90% of my selections next day. That coupled with them often shipping tuesday releases on monday, I have Tuesday releases in hand... on Tuesday!

I was an early subscriber to their service but left them after about a year due to the 4-5 days shipping from California. Then it became hard to get widescreens at blockbuster and I went back to Netflix... never been happier.

It's amazing how they make any money tho... paying for shipping, buying large quantities of dvds and then having them get scratched to hell and I'm sure often replacing them, the amount of disc's that get "lost in the mail" and the legitimate thefts, ample inventory at all times.

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Well-Known Member

I just went back to Netflix I was a member along time ago and cancelled because of the horrid turnaround time. But they seemed to have remedied this. I'm from Mass and I remember returning the disks down south. My new arrivals came in two days from Worcester ! Much better and now a good deal. I've already put about 40 disks in my queue we'll see how it goes. I'm using them mostly for catalog titles and not new releases, but things my Video Store would never carry ( Doctor Who Disks, 60's B movies etc..)
    They have a great selection