What's new

Klipsch speakers are bad don't buy them (1 Viewer)

Abel1337

Grip
Real Name
James Maureen
Okay, okay, so you might say no they are a great brand, but hear this first.
I bought some 250 watt speakers from BestBuy about 3 weeks ago. They were Klipsch speakers. I took them home sooo because the guy @ bestbuy said I was going to have the best sound for my computer on the block! Well, I when I started using my speakers to play counter-strike source(a video game) ONE SNIPER RIFLE BULLET BLEW MY SPEAKERS. Both of them. I had the volume and bass only half way up. When I took it back to bestbuy, they said that they couldnt help me and I would have to contact Klipsch myself. I did this and all of my attempts at fixing my problem with the speakers were deemed futile by failure itself. Klipsh said that it must have been a problem with bestbuy and bestbuy said it was a problem with Klipsch.

So anyway, to make a long story short(er), I am out 250 dollars. Not only that but the game I favor most on my computer is without sound so now I cant even hear footsteps. Its bad. Real bad. Have any of you guys that owned Klipsh speakers had similiar problems? Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Cpt.America

Agent
Real Name
Brandon

1) I don't believe this story at all
2) I think you are a young troll of some kind. What your trolling motive is at th is point, im not sure.

klipschgirl

Auditioning
Real Name
Amy
Abel1337,
Hello! I work for Klipsch, and while yes, if you make a purchase at Best Buy you do need to work with them on any warranty issues, but we do like to help if you experience problems. Please feel free to contact me with the details, and I'll do what I can to get this resolved for you.
Thank you!
Amy
[email protected]

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Now thats what im talkin about. Shoot, that makes a guy want to go out and buy some right now. E mail the lady Abel, and good for you Amy, for taking the time to register, and post!

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I have used Klipsch over the years and they do indeed make good gear.

What model were you using?

How were they powered?

If a rifle shot blew one or both of the new speakers, I would suggest not cranking the volume to the point of distortion to avoid this.

Jasonp31

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
Sounds to me like the audio source was/is the problem here, not the speakers. To blow both of them, you must have sent a heavily clipped signal to the speakers, or a very distorted one.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
You gotta be a pretty good shot to hit both speakers with one bullet. However, nobody should be firing a sniper rifle in a residential area.

William*E

Grip
I've always had my doubts about home theater speakers. This is why for the past 10 or so years, I've used concert speakers for my theater system. LR Peaveys, Peavey amplifiers to power 4 Pyle Driver woofers...etc, you get the picture. Recently I went to the local guitar center to purchase a Peavey amp, 900 watts. My old 500 watt amp was, well...old, 15 yrs old. Spent 357.00, went home, hooked it up and POW!...nothing happened. For some reason, the amp was clipping. I put back the old amp, and no clipping. I was very dissappointed, so I went back to the local guitar store, got my money back...went to Best Buy and purchased the Klipsch sub 12. Got home, hooked it up...and OMG, the purest and most awesome sound filled the room. In fact I had to lower the sub volume from the receiver from +8 to a +5, and only use half the volume from the sub itself. Impressed? Hell yeah. 650.00 dollars plus (including extended warranty) was well worth it. Now I want to replace the front speakers as well. So are Klipsch speakers bad? IMHO, not a chance.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Huh? A member who last posted in 2005 resurrects a thread from 6 months ago? Something strange is going on in HTF land. The posters (not to mention the threads) are rising from the dead. :eek:

genedjr

Agent
Real Name
gene dowen
Just a note to say that my 14 year old Klipsh Sw-8 II can still shake the house more than I want.

...gene

genedjr

Agent
Real Name
gene dowen
Amy - assume.
It is very heartening to know that people from the manufacturer are "into it" and will help.

While I know (way to much) about channel support - it will be very good to hear about how Klipsch works through a channel (Best Buy) to resolve a cure.

Amy - you are great - while all big companys preach getting involved - YOU are doing it - just awsume.

The old slang "get your people with my people" is way overused, this is exactly how it is done. Amy will drive getting the Klipsch account manager for Best Buy to make sure that Best Buy knows how to work warranty issues. And use this as example. (Yes Amy, I am putting you on the spot)

Given what the OP said, and my experience with Klipsch - I look forward to hearing a good if not fantastic solution.

...gene

Dingiswayo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Seems like this probably should have been resolved already, if it was ever even real. The OP hasn't posted since the very first post 6 months ago. The only chance we'll hear the story is from Klipschgirl Amy, but I have a sneaking suspicion that she never heard from him b/c this was bogus. I mean one sound blowing BOTH speakers? If that did happen it's probably b/c of the receiver and distortion. Anyway.... I think this thread is probably dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks