1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Klipsch KG4.2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Jensen, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Mike Jensen

Mike Jensen Member

Anyboby using Klipsch KG 4.2 speakers for mains? I have a 10 year old pair that I am thinking of using in my theater room along with Klipsch surrounds and center channel. Hate to buy new pair if these will work just as well.

Mike

2. Jim_C

Jim_C Well-Known Member

I don't have the 4.2's but I do have the Kg-4's. They are FANTASTIC HT speakers. You should use your 4.2's.

What center channel are you planning to use with the mains? I started out with an SC-1 but I found it unable to keep up with the 4's. I bought a used KV-3 used from a guy at the Klipsch BB. It made a huge difference. I immediately noticed that the front soundstage went from weak in the center to seamless and much deeper.

I've got the RS-3's for surrounds because I wanted to have WDST speakers. I don't find there to be a timbre match problem because the rears don't have to be a perfect match with the front array.

SVS 20-39PCi rounds out the speaker setup.

3. Mike Jensen

Mike Jensen Member

That's what I was hoping to hear! I am leaning towards the RC-7 center, RS-7 for the surrounds, RCR-5 in ceiling at rear along with an SVS sub. My father just got his SVS yesterday and likes it so far. To bad he can't crank it up until my Mother gets out of the house[​IMG]
    Mike

4. EarleD

EarleD Well-Known Member

Mike,
    I have kg 5.2's for my mains and 4.2's for my surrounds. They work great. I was using the 4.2's as my mains until just recently when I found a pair of 5.2's locally and couldnt say no. I also have SVS subs and love the combo.
    I use a 2.2v as my center and love it. Try ebay for the 2.2, there always seems to be one or two there.
    Check out my website for pictures of them and the rest of my HT.
    If you have any other questions about them, fire away.
    Here's a link for a single KG 2.2v.
    Klipsch 2.2v
    Earle

5. Jim_C

Jim_C Well-Known Member

>>I am leaning towards the RC-7 center, RS-7 for the surrounds

6. AnthonyMP

AnthonyMP Active Member

I have a pair of KG4's that I was thinking of getting rid of. How do they compare to some current speakers that one would upgrade to? Is it worth it or are these pretty good speakers?