What's new

KLIPSCH Center Channel Overpowering front speakers--HELP! (1 Viewer)

BrianKiser

Grip
Thanks for all the help, guys. I have a friend who used to sell home audio, and he's going to bring his multimeter over next time he's in town and help me set up my system the right way. :) It will be quite a while before it happens, but I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Thanks SO much!

-Brian

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
Brian:

Sigh...A multimeter is not going to help you. A sound pressure meter is. I am sorry you will wait a long time for your friend to bring over his multi-meter, and you still will not have a calibrated system. Guys, we tried. :frowning:

Rogelio D

Agent
Brian,

I have the 30's front and rear and the C7 center channel. They sound incredible when properly calibrated.

You have dropped a good chunk of change on some decent HT equipment. Why not spend another $50 to get the most from your investment?

Goto radio shack's website and order part #33-2055, you'll be glad you did.

In the mean time, goto page 18 of your receivers manual and try using the receiver's test-tones to setup your system. Depending on how sensitive your ears are, you may be able to get fairly close with these.

I used my receivers test-tones and the SPL meter and didn't really have much of adjustment compared to calibrating with DVE. (Digital Video Essentials)

Also as other's have mentioned, you'll need more sub to keep up with the Klipsch than the units you listed. They're more $, but an SVS PB2ISD, PB2+ or PB2 Ultra would fit your system much better and will mesh with what you have effortlessly. Email SVS and let them help you pick a sub that's right for you. TV at SVS has a KLF-30 setup, who better to help you pick a sub than someone with the same speakers?

Good luck. Don't forget - buy the SPL meter! :)

BrianKiser

Grip

Well, I said multimeter, but he's the home audio guy--whatever the hell it is he uses to adjust the sound settings. He knows what he's doing and what his equipment is properly called (I don't). Please don't hold him responsible for my terminology error. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks